ByteManagers is the world's leading provider of quality data solutions that transform disparate and "dirty" data into usable and valuable information. At ByteManagers, we love what we do. We’re passionate about the impact we make on our clients' business through the execution of World Class Product Data initiatives.
BMI is seeking a Data Analyst to join the Data Team in analyzing, modeling and optimizing large volumes of product data across a broad array of industrial products, advancing client business objectives and executing data-intensive projects to the highest standards of quality. The Data department is responsible for creating data models, optimizing data for search, as well as building and enriching product data. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious and agile person looking to grow and learn.
- Top-notch analytical and problem solving skills
- Keen editorial skills and attention to detail
- Advanced Excel skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills with the ability multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with product data preferred
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop, map and refine data models for complex product lines
- Research products and analyze product specification data for thousands of items
- Pinpoint terminology, attributes and categorization structures critical to product definition and retrieval in search
- Analyze and advance industry trends in classification, faceted search and data modeling
- Review and refine existing taxonomies and parametric search schemas
- Create new taxonomies and parametric search schemas
- Make the complex succinct and simple, clarity of thought extremely valued
- Bachelor’s in an analytic, data-focused field. Master’s preferred. Fields of focus include: Library and Information Sciences, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Linguistics and related fields
- 1 to 3 years of working experience
- Experience involving techniques in handling large, complex data
Keywords: Database, PIM, Stibo, Pindar, Agility, product data, taxonomy, attributes, schema, information architecture, wireframes, faceted search, parametric search, guided navigation, data mapping, data architecture, data structure, data modeling, keyword search, controlled vocabulary, Endeca, search engine, content management, content strategist, interaction design, user experience.
Candidate Location: Chicago (Preferable)
Possibility of working remotely: ok but not desirable