Title: Data Warehouse Engineer
Location: Princeton, NJ area
Pay Rate: $65 to $70 per hour. Client wants to know current compensation and desired comp (hourly rate, or base plus bonus if applicable).
Important: All candidates submitted must be able to pass a criminal background check, credit check, and can pass a drug screen. The end client is well known in the financial world and this is standard process in the Financial Industry.
We are looking for a fulltime onsite Data Warehouse Engineer for our client office located in the Princeton, NJ area. This is a long term engagement; twelve months plus, with potential right to hire. The client company is a leading source of legal, regulatory, and business information for professionals. It’s network of more than 2,500 reporters, correspondents, and leading practitioners delivers expert analysis, news, practice tools, and guidance — the information that matters most to professionals. They client company has been named three times to the FORTUNE list of "100 Best Companies to Work For in America."
The Data Systems group has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Data Warehouse, ETL software engineer and/or database developer. The candidate is expected to be able to handle end-to-end DW, Data Integration and BI solutions by taking into consideration the business cases, objectives and requirements.
The technical domain of the position includes all aspects of the solution including data integration, data architecture, information delivery, infrastructure, testing, performance tuning for all aspects of project (DW data architecture and data modeling, Data Integration, and Business Intelligence reporting).
- Strong understanding of Hadoop
- Strong understanding of ETL tools. Informatica a plus
- Strong database skills including ERWIN Data Modeling Experience. Greenplum/Oracle a plus
- Very Large Database and DW Implementation experience (20+ TBs)
- Programming knowledge of Unix
- Strong trouble-shooting and problem-solving skills
- Team player with strong oral and interpersonal skills
Recommended (desired skills):
- Ability to promote growth and knowledge of other team members
- Project Management skills including project proposals, estimation, planning,
gap analysis, risk analysis
- Understanding of the design and development of high-performance parallel Data
- Understanding of segmentation and partitioning in large database implementations and how bulk loaders can be leveraged to load large amounts of data.
- Understanding of backup, archive, restore and purge strategies and disaster recovery strategies in very large database environments.
- Experience with the monitoring and fine-tuning of large data warehouse implementations using various DW performance improvement options (virtual and materialized views; additional indexes; segmentation and partitioning of the various fact tables; caching, etc.).