Field Auditor - ANAHEIM, CALIF
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Engineering Manager
The Field Auditor is responsible for ensuring the accuracy and timely completion of all assigned projects and completion of audit reports and documentation. They will plan and conduct field audits of cell sites to review the radio, power, HVAC, and other components, and then create hand drawings of the site and its components. This job is 70% - 100% travel.
1. Work with the Project Manger and Sales team to understand customer needs and expectations
2. Schedule site visits as required – contact local operations for access
3. Audit cell sites
a. Measure and dialog dimensions of site
b. Inventory power equipment in use
c. Use DMM to measure voltage and currents
d. Take pictures - Document area with digital camera
e. Use computer to fill in pre designed audit form
4. Provide sketches and technical information to Pricing team and /or Engineering team
5. Move sketches and drawings to Visio, if necessary for project
6. Provide support to the ETAK engineering team
7. Communicate regularly with Project Manager and Operations team
Qualifications: - Quick Summary
- Must have a valid driver’s license with good driving record
- One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- High level of Computer Proficiency - Microsoft Office, with emphasis on Excel
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Attention to detail a must
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to work independently – keep schedule and communicate regularly on their own
- Understanding and knowledge to use and read tools of measurement
- Past experience using a DMM
- Prior experience in D.C. Power/Battery a plus
- Knowledge and use of Visio a plus
- Travel 70% - 100%
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software.
Certificates and Licenses:
Valid Driver’s License with clean driving record.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; work in high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
*This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities of and qualifications for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or of all qualifications that may be required either now or in the future.