Job Title: Deputy Project Manager
Job Code: 55-935-111912
Where: Fort Lee, VA
Pay Rate: DOE
Benefits: Full Benefits
Work Schedule: Full Time, Day Shift
Posting Date: November 19, 2012
Closing Date: Until Filled
This position is contingent upon contract award and funding, position anticipated to begin on April 1, 2013.
The Deputy Project Manager is responsible for all public works business areas and organizational activities as well as the act of getting people together to accomplish desired goals and objectives. It comprises planning, organizing, staffing, leading or directing. Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Supervises all first line supervisors and employees to ensure all Skookum policies, procedures, and standards are met and understood for effectiveness and efficiency.
- Ensures employees are adequately trained to complete jobs in a safe manner; ensures leads train, develop, and supervise sections to complete scheduled work in a safe and efficient manner.
- Maintains exceptional relationships with the customer, contracting officers and contracting officials’ technical representatives.
- Continuously monitor existing methods of operations and document control to ensure efficiency of operations, as well as seek out improvements in operations.
- Maintains Skookum’s core values for humanitarianism and employment of people with disabilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, project management, or a technical field such as facilities management.
- Minimum 3 years multi-functional facilities management experience.
- Knowledge of standard industry and modern project management techniques.
- Strong Leadership and Supervisory skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Must be able to obtain and maintain Fort Lee installation clearance.
Valid State Driver License required. Must be able to obtain and maintain coverage by Skookum's insurance company.
People with disabilities will be given first preference in compliance with our NISH contract.
A Skookum application is required (may be accompanied by a resume). Please visit our website at www.skookum.org to apply online. Return printed applications to:
PO Box 5359
Bremerton, WA 98312
Phone: (360) 475-0756
Fax: (360) 475-0759
Skookum is an Equal Opportunity Employer