Smashburger...still growing and looking for a Design Associate to join the team! The person selected for this position will work directly for the Director of Design and must be comfortable and able to interact with all levels of the organization including corporate and franchise relationships. Will create or assist with preliminary floor plans, feasibility studies, and lead weekly meetings with outside consultants to update and communicate job status to the Director of Design. Candidates should be versatile, self-motivated, and articulate; be experienced in working successfully with others; and have excellent communication skills.
Design responsibilities include:
- Create PFP’s (preliminary floor plans) or feasibility studies when necessary.
- Responsible for obtaining Design Director’s, operations and development team approval on all PFP’s Franchise and Corporate restaurants.
- Review all construction documents for correct finish specifications and locations.
- Obtain weekly updates from all outside architectural consultants to ensure that all timelines are maintained for all corporate and franchise locations.
- Prepare different kinds of presentations like InDesign slideshows or power point presentations.
- Assists with selection and research of project design materials, furnishings and equipment.
- Develops and maintains understanding of building codes and construction regulations.
- Prepares required drawings, sketches, details and related plans.
- Prepares presentation boards and materials, under direction.
Qualifications/Crucial Minimum Experience, applicant MUST be:
- Professional Degree in Interior Design.
- 2-4 years of progressive interior design experience. (restaurant design a plus)
- Extremely proficient in AutoCAD (minimum of 2 years of daily work experience using CAD)
- Extremely detailed and organized.
- Space planning and tenant space layout experience preferred. Familiarity with furniture, fixture and equipment, architectural/interior finishes, lighting, signage, art, and color schemes to carryout design intent is helpful.
- Knowledge of FF&E, color palettes & materials, and generating specifications.
- Basic knowledge of building regulations and safety codes as well as space-planning and workspace utilization are helpful.
- A critical thinker/problem solver.
- An excellent writer and possess great oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Google Sketch-up, and all Microsoft Office programs.
- Self-motivated individuals with ability to multitask.
- Design awareness and knowledge of design principles and elements.
- Excellent communication, time management and teamwork skills.
For more information on Smashburger log onto our website at www.smashburger.com
Indeed - 21 months ago