The American Lung Association of the Northeast seeks an outgoing and energetic individual for the position of Development Associate for two fundraising events in Boston: the Fight For Air Climb and one walk-a-thon. This is a fundraising position focused on revenue generation and will be based in our Metrowest office . Successful candidates will have experience working on large-scale community walk-a-thons, rides, or other pledge-based fundraising events in a non-profit fundraising organization. Associate will assist in the solicitation, training, and management of an effective volunteer base of community leaders, corporate partners, and medical leaders to raise awareness and meet financial goals through cultivation of corporate sponsorship and teams, family/friend teams, and individual event participants.
- Responsible for achieving revenue, volunteer, participant recruitment, and event management goals;
- In tandem with Senior Manager, develop recruitment and engagement plan within the community to build awareness about the events and the American Lung Association and its mission;
- Recruit, train, and manage volunteers and volunteer committees to assist in event execution;
- Recruit assigned number of teams and cultivate relationships to meet fundraising goals.
- Assist in solicitation of event sponsors and secure in-kind donations of goods and services;
- Assist in planning and executing logistics before, day-of, and post-event including but not limited to event registration, day-of volunteer recruitment and training, pre-event marketing and advertising, kick off events, delivery of sponsor benefits, securing event site and related permits, finalizing routes, contracting with vendors, etc.;
- Prepare and maintain accurate records/data reports to evaluate and manage event;
- Provide superior customer service to support event participants and team captains through timely response to email and telephone communications as well as working one-on-one with team captains to build a fundraising plan and ensuring plan implementation.
- Assist in other Charter events as needed.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Equivalent combination of education and experience considered. Previous experience with a grassroots walk/race fundraising program highly preferred.
- Results-oriented professional with a minimum of one year of successful experience in fundraising, networking, community organizing and/or outside sales skills required.
- Motivated by mission and enjoys implementing fundraising and sponsorship strategies for events;
- Proven experience in recruiting, training, and delegating to volunteers preferred;
- Works well with limited supervision;
- Creative thinker with an ability to juggle multiple tasks and projects;
- Superior written communication, public speaking, and interpersonal skills and ability to connect and articulate the American Lung Association’s mission is critical;
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office including Work, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience with Convio or similar fundraising software application preferred;
- Adept at social media platforms;
- Travel required within assigned geography;
- May be required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds;
- Flexibility to work nights and occasional weekends.
Interested candidates must submit cover letter with salary requirements and resume. Only candidates who submit salary requirements will be considered.
Indeed - 5 months ago