Purpose and Scope
The Development Director will be responsible for developing and implementing the development strategy for the organization. Reporting to the CEO, the incumbent will be responsible for achieving the organization’s fundraising goals. These activities include leveraging key relationships and contacts both within and outside of the organization’s network to ensure Kids Smiles meets its annual fundraising goals. The incumbent will work to advance the mission in two different markets. The Development Director will adhere to the Kids Smiles mission, vision and core values and will be responsible for ensuring continuity of the Kids Smiles brand and philosophy. S/he will act as a liaison of the Kids Smiles mission to all staff, patients and community members.
- Lead and manage the overall development efforts to raise an annual amount estimated to be $600,000, as determined by the budget.
- Works closely in the strategic planning of the organization and with the CEO in advancing the organization’s mission, brand and in the building of new relationships.
- Create and implement annual development plan and strategy.
- Cultivate and nurture relationships with current and potential corporate and foundation sponsors.
- Cultivate major gifts.
- Supervise/review grant proposals and reports to corporate, foundation, and government funders.
- Develop and grow the individual donor base.
- Build capital campaigns.
- Oversight of major Kids Smiles friend/fundraising events (i.e. annual golf outing and UnBall).
- Develop and manage Kids Smiles Board fundraising capacity.
- Submit departmental reports for quarterly board meetings as well as attend all relevant Kids Smiles and Board of Directors meetings.
- Production of monthly and year end reports to the CEO and/or Board or Directors.
Required Experiences and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree required; preferred degree in Marketing or a related discipline.
- Advanced degree, preferred.
- 5+ years of development experience in a service industry or with a nonprofit.
- Proven track record of achieving revenue targets and/or quotas as well as cultivating major gifts.
- Golf outing experience, a plus.
- Strong verbal communications skills and demonstrated ability to write clearly and persuasively.
- Demonstrated ability to prospect, cultivate, and manage new contacts.
- Strong partnership-building and event planning skills.
- Thorough understanding of all components of a diversified funding base.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team oriented environment.
- Strong leadership and strategic management skills, with demonstrated ability to think strategically and with thorough understanding of strategic development.
- High energy, positive attitude, flexibility, and attention to detail; high degree of initiative.
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of database programs.
This position is located in Philadelphia, PA and requires approximately 25% travel. This role can be part-time or full-time.
Indeed - 6 months ago