We seek a freelance developmental editor who will contract with our development team to enhance our existing online curriculum and professional development materials for an initiative that introduces to educators and students findings from psychology, neuroscience, and the learning sciences about how students learn and achieve. The developmental editor will revise existing content, based on feedback from experts, to reflect emerging research findings to engage students in increasingly powerful ways.
TASKS/SERVICES: The editor will:
- Synthesize psychological research and responses from interviews with experts, and translate into curriculum and professional development materials appropriate for high school students and teachers.
- Collaborate with an existing team to shape materials for online delivery, including development or enhancement of interactive visualizations, activities and explorations, and job-embedded advice for educators.
- Perform content and copy editing.
REQUIREMENTS: The ideal candidate will have:
1. Master’s or Doctoral degree in psychology or a related discipline
2. Minimum of four (4) years of experience working in the fields of psychology or education
3. Experience synthesizing and translating complex scientific information into plain language
4. Experience in pedagogical theory and development of educational materials
5. Experience in content and copy editing
6. A proven ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
7. Strong oral and written communications skills
8. Excellent analytical, organizational, and time-management skills