Tellagami is looking for a full-time DevOps Lead to join our team in San Francisco. As a member of the engineering team, you will own the healthy operation of our infrastructure (with a heavy emphasis on cloud architecture and services).
The ideal candidate should be a strong individual contributor who adds managerial perspective and skills to the operations function. You will manage service availability and performance, specify and execute devops projects, and balance operations between maintenance and steady improvement.
Tellagami is a mobile startup building an innovative communication platform for consumers and brands. Our debut Tellagami app is the first mobile self-publishing platform that combines voice, images, 3D personas, and video. It's a quick and easy way to create and share a short story called a Gami in seconds. We’re a passionate team of business executives, mobile engineers, and 3D designers with experience working with renowned technology, digital media, and consumer brands including Apple, Yahoo!, Disney, EA, and Universal. Tellagami is looking for talented people to join our team to shape and build the next generation of our products!
Watch this to get a better feel of who we are and what we do: https://tellagami.com/gami/X2KUCL/
- Design, configure, implement, and maintain of monitoring infrastructure and tools
- Maintain full suite of application servers, databases, render farm, and support systems
- Implement projects frequently to improve the management, availability, and performance of the Tellagami software stack
- Work with product engineering on new or updated features, performing operations, deployment, and debugging tasks
- Coordinate incident response; automate and optimize processes
- When not working on monitoring tasks, assist with general trouble ticket queue
- Participate in pager rotation as needed
- 3+ years experience in systems engineering/administration, web operations, IT, or related fields
- Experience running production 24x7 web operations
- Comprehensive knowledge of GNU/Linux, TCP/IP networking, and HTTP/Web Stacks including administration of common server applications
- Strong scripting experience in Shell/Perl, Python, or Ruby for automation and integration tasks
- Hands on experience with Windows admin: application installation, remote access, error logs
- Bonus for significant skills in: MySQL, Nagios, Chef/Puppet, AWS, EC2/S3/SimpleDB, Solr, Django, ZooKeeper, MS Windows, HAProxy, Celery, RabbitMQ, OpenVPN, RightScale, Trac, Collectd/Graphite/Munin, 3D video rendering
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package
- Office is conveniently located in San Francisco near Union Square/Montgomery BART
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and portfolio if available to jobs[at]tellagami.com with “DevOps Engineer” in the subject line.
LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY
Indeed - 19 months ago
Tellagami is a mobile startup building an innovative communication platform for consumers and brands. Our debut Tellagami app is the first...