Full time position for a DTR to work 32-40 hours per week in long term care facilities located in the Greater Melbourne area.
1) Completion of a dietetic technician program by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, that includes 450 hours of supervised practice experience in various community programs, health-care and foodservice facilities and has completed at least a two year associate's degree at a U.S. regionally accredited college or university or completed coursework in an ACEND-accredited didactic program or coordinated program in dietetics and has completed at least a bachelor's degree at a U.S. regionally accredited college or university.
2) Passage of a national examination administered by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR)
3) Completion of continuing professional educational requirements to maintain registration.
4) One year of experience in food service management or clinical dietetics is preferred
Dietetic Technician, Registered (DTR)
- Provision of medical nutritional therapy for clients, which includes nutritional assessment, care planning, monitoring and revision of the care plan as indicated under the supervision of a Registered Dietitian.
- Develops plans of care that meet the clients’ needs in a creative way using independent judgment and specialized knowledge of medical nutrition therapy and considers the clients’ medical, social and physical aspects and impairments using creative judgment under the guidance, direction and monitoring of the Clinical Supervisor or Mentor.
- Provide specialized guidance and monitoring of food purchasing, production and service, and food service sanitation
- Provide information to each facility on budget, cost control, staffing, food quality and sanitation.
- Manage services and direct supervision of the dietary function during absence of the Dietary Manager and during emergencies.
- Serves as nutritional expert during the state and federal survey process, dealing with surveyors in a professional manner and using specialized knowledge and judgment in assisting the facility in demonstrating compliance with state and federal regulations and assisting in the development of nutritional plans of correction as needed under the guidance, direction and monitoring of the Clinical Supervisor or Mentor.
Nutritious Lifestyles has been providing premier nutrition and foodservice consulting services since 1986. Nutritious Lifestyles offers competitive pay, flexibility, comprehensive training and professional and personal growth opportunities for the right candidate. Nutritious Lifestyles has opportunities in long-term care, pediatrics, home care, menu development and much more!
Indeed - 11 months ago