About the Role
The Director, Sales reports to the SVP of Sales and is responsible for creating, nurturing and expanding relationships with eXelate’s target customers/prospects which include marketers, advertising agencies, agency trading desks, DSP’s and ad networks. This role will be heavily focused on building eXelate’s business within the Mid-West marketer/agency community. We are looking for an outgoing, aggressive, analytical sales professional who builds strong relationships and loyalty with customers and co-workers.
- Work directly with clients/prospects to grow their business on the eXelate eXchange via driving pull through sales with eXelate Network partners
- Close data sales deals directly with agency buying groups and ad platforms
- Ensure that marketers/agencies require and request eXelate data in their targeting practices
- Participate in the development of agency focused marketing strategies and materials
- Study the market to identify potential business opportunities and business partners
- Act as a direct outreach of eXelate to the agency community via participation in industry events, conferences and client entertainment activity
- At least 5-7 years of prior experience selling online advertising or digital marketing technology to marketer/agencies/ad networks/DSP’s at a senior level
- BA/BS degree (In lieu of degree, 4 years relevant work experience)
- Strong rolodex of online agency contacts and a track record of successfully selling high value, sophisticated media products including behavioral targeting
- Ability to prospect, pitch and close direct sales
- Deep understanding of the online ad industry, experience ad targeting and optimization
- Highly analytical, demonstrating meticulous attention to detail, and the ability to manage multiple clients, tasks and responsibilities.
- Very high drive to succeed in a competitive, fast-paced, cutting edge market
- Ability to build strong relationships with clients and internal teams
- Excellent communication, problem solving and organizational skills
- High energy and enthusiasm to develop the next big thing in internet advertising
- Impeccable honesty, integrity, and ethics
To join our team, send your resume along to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Some travel to industry events and clients as needed within the US.