The Director of Business Partnerships, reporting to the Food Bank’s Chief Development Officer, is responsible for developing, leading and executing Food Bank’s corporate sponsorship and donation program. Principal responsibilities include cultivating relationships and growing partnerships with corporations that yield financial donations, visibility, and in-kind contributions—including food donations. Works closely with Communications, Engagement and Service teams to design partnership opportunities (e.g. volunteering, events, cause marketing, brand exposures) to maximize revenue. Leads a team of business partnership and food sourcing staff.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build relationships with national and local corporations to initiate or increase funding and donations;
- Develop business strategy for corporate sponsorship program;
- Set and reach goals for sponsorship, in kind, food and cause marketing donations;
- Develop new corporate relationships for donated food, cause-related marketing, in-kind donations of goods and services, financial support, food drives, and employee involvement and volunteerism;
- Work with marketing team to develop materials including tailored proposals and sponsorship packages;
- Ensure that proper acknowledgements and visibilities are extended to corporate supporters;
- Participate as a member of the Food Bank’s Marketing Advisory Committee and Culinary Council;
- Oversee food drives (virtual and traditional) and other special campaigns and events targeted to diverse communities;
- Works closely with Engagement, Service, and Marketing teams charged with designing and producing corporate service opportunities, campaigns and events;
- Hire, supervise and evaluate business partnership and food sourcing staff;
- Liaise with national organization, Feeding America, re marketing and business partnership opportunities
- Prepare annual plans, budgets, and reports;
- Conduct due diligence and develop guidelines for companies and organizations interested in using the Food Bank’s name or logo in a promotion;
- Perform other duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES DESIRED:
- Five to seven years of corporate fundraising or business development experience with increasing responsibility and growth,
- B.A. or B.S. Degree;
- Ability to prepare effective marketing proposals and to make convincing presentations.
- Exceptional people skills;
- A flair for thinking creatively outside of the box, particularly as applied to corporate funding opportunities;
- Experience with prospect research and ability to set up a viable data bank;
- Ability to set priorities, manage production schedules and meet deadlines;
- Excellent computer skills including knowledge in Microsoft Word, Excel, Internet and fundraising software;
- Experience with or knowledge of social service/hunger issues is a plus.
Click on this link to apply: https://home.eease.com/recruit/?id=3446571
Indeed - 20 months ago