The Madison Square Boys & Girls Club, a not for profit organization that provides opportunities for underserved youth to strengthen academic, leadership, cultural, and career skills through an array of after school programs, is seeking dedicated professionals for the position of the Director of the Future for our Clubhouses located in the Bronx and Brooklyn.
Founded in 1884, the Madison Square Boys & Girls Club's mission is to save and enhance the lives of as many New York City boys and girls who by reason of economic and/or social factors are most in need of its services.
The Director of the Future is responsible for planning, organizing, conducting and evaluating programs, activities and events for Project Graduate under the direct supervision of the Assistant Clubhouse Director (or any other staff as so designated by the Clubhouse Director) and providing guidance, both individual and group, for career exploration.
- Ensure a healthy, safe environment in program areas
- Meet all deadlines when submitting requested reports timely
- Support clubhouse initiatives and events
- Work as a member of the clubhouse team to ensure delivery of comprehensive youth development services; attend all meetings as requested
- Recruit members for the Project Graduate program, for activities and events
- Deliver services according to the programmatic and outcome goals as it pertains to youth enrolled, youth promoted to next grade, youth who graduate, and youth who apply to college
- Ensure tracking and measurement for all program aspects and activities
- Initiate, collaborate and maintain community contacts; families, schools and other organizations and institutions, as required and requested
- Provide individual guidance and referrals to all members of Project Graduate
- Ensure members attend Career Fairs
- Ensure members attend College Fair and Tours
- Ensure members demonstrate strong interview, public speaking and presentation skills
- Ensure members create a resume
- Ensure members attain employment and internships.
- Ensure Tracking & Measurement data submitted accurately and timely
- A four-year degree from a state-accredited university or college is mandatory
- Strong written, verbal and communication skills
- Highly motivated and dedicated to the organizational mission
- Minimum 2 years of experience successfully working with inner-city youth performing the duties and responsibilities above, or other similar experience
- Other experience with youth including, teaching, coaching, mentoring, etc.
To apply please submit resume and cover letter.