Uponor is a global leader in the manufacturing of products and systems that make homes and commercial environments comfortable, safe and healthy. Uponor offers a dynamic work environment with talented professionals resulting in partnerships that produce the highest quality products, service and support. Uponor was just named the Manufacturer’s Alliance Manufacturer of the Year for 2013 for the company’s willingness to share information to strengthen fellow Minnesota manufacturers. In 2012, Uponor was named one of Minneapolis' Star Tribune’s Top Workplaces by employees. Uponor’s focus on the customer along with our commitment to corporate citizenship and sustainability make us an employer of choice.
The Director, Learning and Organizational Development is responsible for developing and directing all of the organizations key learning and development processes. This person will have responsibility for providing general OD diagnostic and intervention services for a wide variety of corporate clients, needs analysis, development, coordination and implementation of region-wide people and organization development programs and interventions, including talent management, performance management, and learning initiatives. This person collaborates with business unit leaders and HR Business Partners to improve business unit, team and individual performance; assists managers in creating alignment around UNA key strategies; diagnosis, designs and delivers a wide range of interventions: change management, training, talent management, coaching and team development - all to improve organizational effectiveness. This person also oversees the Operations Training function/manager. This position is also responsible for global learning and organizational development initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred
- Demonstrates a positive, proactive and self-directed approach
- Desire to contribute directly to the strategic success of the business
- Experience creating learning and development approaches, leadership development, change management and organizational development initiatives
- Knowledge of Instructional Design
- Must be flexible in order to respond quickly and positively to shifting demands and opportunities; ability to work under tight deadlines and plan, organize and carry out multiple, detailed tasks
- Thrives in a team-oriented, collaborative work environment and has strong interpersonal relationship skills at all levels, including management staff and support staff
- Stays current on leading edge learning, knowledge management and professional development trends
- Experience using action-learning to re-enforce and transfer learning objectives to the job
- Experience utilizing assessment tool for needs assessment, manager and employee development, selection, team effectiveness, employee engagement
- Has knowledge/experience leading the recruitment, benefits and compensation functions as well as executive pay and incentives
Indeed - 22 months ago
At the core of Uponor is its plastic pipe operations, some 55% of sales, to be precise. The group is a global supplier of plumbing and...