Director - US Marketing
Reporting to the CEO and based in Boston, the Director of US Marketing will have responsibility for all US Marketing for DAVIDsTEA as well as ownership of all digital, e-commerce and CRM strategy. He or she will be a center of excellence for the company and will be responsible for launching new stores and driving customer traffic. This position will have a special area of focus on local marketing, sponsorship, and PR. The Director of US Marketing monitors, reviews and analyzes financial metrics, marketplace trends and customer attitudes and behaviors to capitalize on retail marketing opportunities and integrated and coordinates marketing initiatives across retail and on-line to maintain a consistent brand image for the company.
The Director of US Marketing ensures that DAVIDsTEA becomes a well-known, recognized and fun destination of choice in the markets in which we do business.
Key responsibilities include
- Lead the strategy as well as the implementation of all digital marketing and e-commerce to drive customer acquisition and retention.
- Partner with Canadian Head of Marketing to create and launch creative and promotional strategies for the company.
- Serve as a strategic partner and member of the leadership team supporting the company’s mission, vision, values.
- Develop proactive PR strategies that maximize positive market perception and visibility.
- Evaluate market research and suggest adjustments in marketing strategy to meet changing marketplace dynamics and competitive situations.
- Performs competitive and market trend analysis.
- Develops integrated marketing plans that engage with customers through various methods including advertising, PR, social media, paid search, ecommerce, grass roots, events, and loyalty marketing.
Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Source, implement and manage a customer relationship management program.
- Develop and manage customer lifecycle marketing program, driving measurable incremental purchasing from existing customers.
- Ensure that analytical reports are properly created and utilized to measure the effectiveness of marketing activities, and translate that information into a constant refinement of marketing programs.
External Partnership Relationship Management
- Manage all Public Relations activities, including selection and management of external PR support
- Hire, manage and regularly review the performance of any needed external marketing, advertising and creative agencies.
Customer Acquisition & Retention
- Translate customer feedback and trends into effective retail promotional programs that are consistent with the brand marketing strategy
- Gathers firsthand information on ‘the voice of the customer’ for input into both future strategies and immediate corrective actions.
Store Operations and Merchandising Support
- Partner with merchandising to link promotional activity to inventory planning and any vendor funded programs.
- Primary provider of all marketing operational and support service for US retail locations.
Field Marketing / Events
- Develops a strategy and manages the event coordinators’ activities
- Experience in running field marketing, PR, and CRM for retail marketing
- Proven success with digital e-commerce websites, must include transactional experience
- Strong social, mobile, and interactive media experience
- Successful direct marketing experience required including email, direct mail, SEO/SEM, and loyalty marketing
- Experience creating customer segmentation and lifecycle marketing campaigns to drive incremental purchasing behavior.
- Proven problem solving and analytical ability
- Demonstrated ability to manage creative people and agencies.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking ability.
- Experience hiring and developing a small team.
- Proven leadership, motivational, and staff development ability
- Project management skills including the ability to organize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be creative and demonstrate an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Experience in sense-based categories (beverages, food, music, perfume) highly desired.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills.
- Must be proactive and resourceful.
- Bachelor's degree in business management or related field. MBA is a plus.
We're a North American company headquartered in Montreal and Boston, and growing like crazy. In just over four years, we've opened over 100 stores coast to coast, with plenty more to come. We're best known for our super-friendly staff, above-and-beyond customer service, modern design and of course our huge collection of world-class, exclusive teas. The company is dedicated to community involvement in addition to a commitment to sustainable practices: www.davidstea.com
Follow DAVIDsTEA's latest developments at facebook.com/davidstea and twitter.com/davidstea.
Indeed - 11 months ago
We're a North American company headquartered in Montreal and Boston, and growing like crazy. In just under four years, we've opened over 75...