Established multi-state Albany, NY based law firm is seeking a Director of Network Operations to join our growing team. This is an opportunity to work with one of the fastest growing law firms in the country (rated by INC Magazine). The firm is also recognized as one of Albany’s fastest growing businesses and Best Places to Work by the Business Review.
The Director of Network Operations is primarily responsible for overseeing the firm’s network and datacenter operations for the entire firm and reports directly to the Chief Information Officer. This position will also assist in Tier 1 helpdesk issues, video teleconferencing, and additional department special projects.
The ideal applicant will possess an inherent understanding of computer and network systems and troubleshooting, a personal interest in learning about and mastering new technologies, and be comfortable working in a fast paced environment where performance and uptime is measured in 6 minute intervals.
This position will be based in our Syracuse, NY office.
Qualifications and Experience
1. Must possess a Bachelor’s Degree from a 4yr accredited institution in the areas of Computer Science or Engineering.
2. Minimum 3-5 years in the IT industry, either as an OEM, consulting engineer, or full time position in a corporate IT department.
a. Experience in larger enterprises (100 or more employees and multiple branch offices) preferred
3. 1-3 years demonstrated experience with virtualization, specifically VMware vSphere 4.0 and VMWare View 4.0 or later
a. VCP4 certification or newer preferred
4. 1-3 years demonstrated experience with computers, storage, and network architecture.
a. Dell server and storage experience preferred
b. Cisco and/or Enterasys experience preferred
c. CCENT certification or above preferred
5. 1-3 years demonstrated experience in managing and troubleshooting aspects of a Windows domain environment including Server 2008R2, Active Directory, Exchange 2010 and SQL 2005 and newer
a. Previous Microsoft SQL DBA experience preferred
6. Mastery of using and troubleshooting client-side software including Windows XP and 7, Office 2003 and newer, and Adobe 9 and newer
7. Strong analytic and organizational skills as well as the ability to operate independently with minimal guidance
8. Strong communication and interpersonal skills
9. Experience in a law firm is not required
1. Manage and resolve issues with the Firm’s server and network infrastructure
2. Assist and/or perform scheduled after hour maintenance and system upgrades
3. Continually research and implement network and datacenter best practices as well as make recommendations
4. Resolve elevated Tier 1 help desk issues
5. Conduct RFPs for new technology initiatives
6. Engage in vendor relations
7. Assist in maintaining uptime on nights and weekends as available
8. Assist the CIO on additional projects
Benefits include 401(k), medical, dental, and voluntary life and LTD insurance.
Please visit our website to apply: