Job Title: Operations Director
Division: Orange County Ronald McDonald House
Reports To: Executive Director
Summary: The Operations Director is responsible for the daily operations of family services and facility management of the Orange County Ronald McDonald House and Ronald McDonald Family Rooms in accordance with the standards and procedures set out by the organization. This role is responsible for ensuring a caring environment is maintained at all times. As a member of the management team, the Operations Director participates in strategic planning and is responsible for operational budgeting initiatives in addition to problem solving.
- Ensures that daily family services for the Ronald McDonald House and Ronald McDonald Family Rooms (including guest referrals and eligibility, guest registration, and room assignments and payments) are maintained in accordance with established policies and procedures. Regularly communicates with referral sources (i.e., hospital social workers) regarding family dynamics, special family needs and unique situations.
- Creates a positive, caring and compassionate environment for families and volunteers.
- Develops annual operational budget and monitors operating expense statistics, room revenue collection, analysis and projections.
- Ensures proper records and family information are properly maintained within organization’s database including tracking of daily statistics.
- In partnership with Executive Director and Board of Trustees guides the creation, delivery and implementation of client programs and services.
- Responsible for overall guest service standards and guest survey management.
- Lead the Operational team, including goals development, coaching, performance assessment, and the identification and filling of skills and capacity gaps; ensure that RMH and RMFRs properly staffed.
- Facility maintenance and care of the Ronald McDonald House & RMFRs., including air conditioning, electric power, plumbing and lighting systems; cleaning; decoration; grounds keeping and security. Coordinate and oversee the safe, secure, and environmentally-sound operations and maintenance of these assets in a cost effective manner aimed at long-term preservation of the asset value, and also other janitorial duties such as making sure the environment is properly cleaned and ready for guests. This includes reviewing and negotiating service contracts and working with vendors. Responsible for inventory of Ronald McDonald House and RMFR furnishings and inventory.
Education and Work Experience:
A bachelor's degree preferred with five (5) years of management experience preferred, OR any appropriate combination of education and experience. Bilingual English/Spanish highly desirable.
Knowledge and Skills:
General knowledge and demonstrated experience with general management; knowledge of the organization and operation of administrative programs; ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with other management staff, employees, families and the general public; ability to present facts and recommendations effectively in oral and written form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Spanish language skills desirable.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, and commissions.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: None
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, must be available to work irregular hours, shifts, weekends, holidays. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Equal Opportunity Employer