ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Software engineering owner for the platforms.
- Key stakeholder in product strategy. In collaboration with product management helps define a platform roadmap and responsible for delivery to the defined roadmap.
- Establishes and refines software engineering principles and delivers high quality product according to the roadmap. Creates and ensures adherence to the development policy and procedures.
- Collaborates and proactively supports the partner teams, namely, architecture, hardware engineering, networked gaming and game studios
- Works with compliance personnel and gaming regulators in understanding regulatory requirements, negotiating requirements and developing to those requirements
- Participates in the budget process for their area of the business. Ensures adherence to the budget by monitoring expenditures and forecasting monthly.
- Hires, trains and retains top-class platform development team members
- Prepares weekly goals; reports progress to manager on a weekly basis; advises manager of problems that may affect overall schedule and goals as they occur.
- Analyzes and reviews development processes to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new processes. Analyzes and reviews development tools to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new processes.
- Participates with the team to review software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Acts as liaison with manufacturers and vendors of software and hardware products, especially with regard to problem diagnosis and resolution.
- Other duties as assigned.
Managers / Supervisors /Team Leaders must:
- Ensure the health, safety and welfare of all employees, visitors and contractors within your area of control.
- Ensure all relevant sections of the Health and Safety Management plan are implemented and understood.
- Assess, review the effectiveness and consult with their team on any proposed changes of the OSHA Management System and ensure appropriate corrective actions are implemented.
- Ensure accident / incident investigations are conducted to determine their causes and take appropriate corrective action as required.
- Ensure injured workers are rehabilitated and an early return to the workplace is achieved.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant health and safety legislative requirements.
Education: Requires a MS CS/EE degree or equivalent relevant experience in software development.
Experience: Ten to fifteen years of software engineering experience, with at least five years in software engineering management.
Skills, knowledge, and qualifications:
- Strong experience in software development, including architecture, implementation and quality.
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills. Innovative thinking in problem solving.
- Ability to identify ways to optimize processes and develop assets. Experience with resource allocation and utilization. Exceptional communication and customer service skills.
- Solid development experience in all aspects of software programming, using generally accepted tools and techniques.
- Must have strong management skills in the areas of performance management, employee engagement and talent development.
- Expert level knowledge of C/C++, Object Oriented Design and software designs
- Strong technical ability to evaluate designs and provide guidance to the development teams.
- Prior experience working with a globally distributed software teams
- Must have strong communication skills, able to work independently and be team oriented.
This position may require registration with the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB) and/or other gaming jurisdictions in which we operate.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
- Assigned duties are accomplished primarily in an office/production setting. Must be able to maneuver around an office/production setting, work at a desk/work station and respond to written and oral cues.
- Must have the manual dexterity to operate a computer and other necessary office/production equipment.
- May be required to bend, reach and lift up to 25 lbs.
Aristocrat Technologies, Inc. reserves the right to make changes to this job description whenever necessary.
Indeed - 21 months ago
With over 60 years’ experience and over 2,200 staff globally, Aristocrat has built a reputation as a premium supplier of...