Title Nine is a leading multi-channel retailer of women's athletic apparel and gear with 23 retail stores, a thriving website, a catalog business and a growing new brand, Bounce. We are everyday athletes and fitness fanatics passionate about our brands and the impact that sports and the pursuit of fitness have on our lives and our customers.
We are on the lookout for an experienced District Manager who will directly supervise 6-9 other stores within the Midwest geographic region of Title Nine. The DM manages Store Managers and is responsible for all activities and employees in the area. The DM is also responsible for driving business within the Midwest area and for area-wide business results through effective coaching and development of the store leadership teams.
This position is an integral member of Title Nine's Retail leadership team and works independently and/or closely with other Title Nine departments.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for achieving budgeted, profit and comp financial results for assigned stores by maximizing top-line sales and ensuring a consistent, outstanding Brand experience for our customers
- Recruit, develop and retain top talent with the goal of succession planning and building bench strength.
- Develop and maintain positive ongoing relationships within the community to develop pipeline of potential candidates and maximize business opportunities
- Identify key personnel who have the potential to develop to the next level with the right training and coaching
- Develop robust customer clientele and loyalty programs
- Create local community outreach marketing programs with each store
- Maximize impact of store merchandising and visual presentations and maintain high store presentation standards
- Work with store teams and other departments to achieve operational and financial goals and objectives including driving sales, managing payroll and other controllable expenses, and delivering profitability
- Builds team spirit and morale by actively seeking and promoting innovative ideas to improve sales, store operations, training and team morale
- Conduct regular store visits to ensure Title Nine's standards in all areas are being met including visual merchandising, hiring, coaching and mentoring, customer service, community outreach, operation, finance, etc.
- Participate in retail related projects and initiatives such as store openings, Store Manager meetings, T9k races, Blowouts Sales and other projects as needed.
- The Midwest District Manager is based within 30 minutes proximity to a Title Nine store in the Midwest region. The position requires up to 75% travel.
- The successful individual in this role is technically sound as a store manager. Key characteristics and experience include:
- Passionate about our product, sports, fitness and our brand
- A minimum of five to seven years of retail store management experience. Area management or multi-location experience required.
- Experience in specialty retailing with a focus on active or athletic apparel and accessories a strong plus
- Consistent ability shown to grow sales and drive change
- A strong track record of attracting, coaching, mentoring, developing and retaining the best folks around
- Demonstrated ability to provide exceptional internal and external service
- Diplomatic with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Displays a strong level of engagement and is viewed as a leader within the district, region and company
- Ability to analyze financial and operational performance of the retail business and manage to established budgets
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and work efficiently in a constantly changing environment
- Experience in developing and implementing processes and procedures to streamline operations, and ensure consistency across all stores
- Positive attitude, inspirational leadership and a can do attitude. Effectively creates a fun and engaging environment for employees and customers
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Ability to relocate within the region, & willingness and ability to travel up to 75%
- Great sense of humor and a love of chocolate
Resumes with cover letters get extra points! Please tell us about yourself, maybe a little known fact or how sport and the pursuit of health and fitness affects your life. What makes you a potential Title Niner?
Exciting career opportunity with excellent benefits including: medical/dental, 401(k) with match, long term-disability, generous employee product discounts and pro-deals, gym membership and sports and fitness-related programs. We believe in and promote work-life balance for our teams. Our stores are open 10-6 Monday- Saturday and 12-5 on Sundays. We offer the opportunity for advancement as Title Nine grows and promotes from within.
Check us out at www.titlenine.com!