American Optical Services owns and operates ophthalmology and optometry practices nationwide. We are a fast growing company that is seeking a District Manager at our Alpharetta Office. The District Manager is responsible for the work flow, performance and overall management of all practice operations locations within the assigned district. This position is responsible for the workflow and performance of locations within assigned district to ensure expert care, high level patient service, efficiency, and optimization of practice staff/doctors productivity is achieved. The District Manager will work closely with the Regional Practice Manager regarding strategic planning, program development, continuous improvement, billing, reporting and monitoring of financials.
- Manage all aspects of the organization's corporate practice, and maintain relationships with internal contacts necessary for organizational effectiveness; work independently on general assignments, and take action with and without direction except when formal policy changes are required, major investments are involved, or long-term programs are affected.
- Demonstrate analytical skills necessary to analyze and interpret information, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, develop and implement responsible strategies. Convey ideas and information through public presentation, verbal and written communication.
- Assume overall responsibility for district personnel management and staffing including Front Desk, Back Office, Techs, Opticians, etc. within the locations. Ensure development of staff.
- Identify potentially problematic areas, develop a system for objectively monitoring performance, and seek solutions to foster quality improvement
- Continuously optimize team roles and responsibilities to meet performance goals and objectives
- Develop and maintain an open and effective line of communication with doctors and practice teams
- Develop a schedule system for personnel staffing that works in conjunction with the Staffing Coordinator
- Develop a system to track doctor usage and utilization of space to ensure space and personnel resources are optimized
- Support and facilitate referral management processes
- Develop protocols to improve care for acute/urgent patient problems
- Develop, monitor, and save data on critical performance indicators and key performance indicators for the district by producing monthly reports
- Evaluate, specify, and recommend equipment and/or tools for operations and patient care assigned district
- Develop a system for monitoring clinic utilization, workload vs. billing, and individual provider productivity for doctors on a monthly basis
- Work with the finance team to create policies and procedures for use of the charge-master and ensure fee tickets have current CPT and ICD-9 codes
- Assist in the coordination of policies and procedures with managed care programs
- Act as a resource to the doctors, practice staff and business office staff regarding coding questions; provide regular in-services to doctors and practice staff
- Coordinate information regarding changes in insurance regulations with the finance team; investigating codes in which insurance companies disallow payment; and corresponding with third-party payers and provide information as necessary to obtain payment or determine appropriate reimbursement level
- Assisting with the credentialing of all doctors
- Performing SWOT analysis and yearly environment evaluations
- Develop a system for analyzing financial risks/rewards of procedures and services performed
- Develop a district specific referral management database to track and monitor referring providers
- Assist with development of business plans for new programs and other strategic initiatives for the district
- Operate within the business plan or strategic initiatives, including budget and marketing plans, promotions, public relations and advertising
- Create district task plans with resource identification, role descriptions, and steps of action based on timelines and a delivery schedules
- Performing other duties necessary to help support organizational/office operations
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 or more years of experience in retail management
- Experience in Optometry/Ophthalmology preferred
- Previous supervisor experience managing a large team
- Proficient in MS Office
- Knowledge and understanding of patient privacy rights in compliance with HIPPA, State, and Federal Laws
- Maintain confidentially of all sensitive materials of patients and/or team members
We offer an extensive benefit package which includes:
Medical, Dental and Vision and 401k
Paid Vacation and Sick time
And many more!
If you are looking for a dynamic work environment that is fast paced, fun, and challenging, then we look forward to meeting you!
Please visit our website for more information regarding AOS: www.americanopticalservices.com
We are committed to your Vision for Life!
AOS is an equal opportunity employer and drug free workplace.
Indeed - 13 months ago
American Optical Services owns and operates retail eyewear stores, ophthalmology and optometry practices nationwide. We are a fast growing...