Title: Django Developer
Location: Hartford, CT area
Type: Long Term Contract (6 months plus)
Pay Rate: Negotiable. Client wants to know current compensation and desired comp (hourly rate, or base plus bonus if applicable).
This is an on-site position and you must be able to work as our W2 hourly consultant or on a 1099 basis only, no 3rd party agencies please.
Global health services company seeking talented individuals. See below. The client is hot to hire for these positions so please reply ASAP.
My client is building a CMS department that is charged with moving critical company content to all of their constituent's. End recipients of this content are the company's policyholder(s), members, and providers. These recipients number in the tens of millions. My client is in a race with other organizations in their field to push and pull content from these end users.
Competitive pressure combined with Federal Requirements to make this information readily available for recipients has created a need to build a powerful CMS department within their organization. This is an exciting area that will afford key employees the ability to use cutting edge industry technology and reward key contributors with upward mobility within a progressive organization.
My client seeks a Django Developer to help create a framework for and lead the development of in-house systems and tools. These systems and tools will be used by internal teams to organize data and to automate and improve processes. The Django Developer will be exposed to a range of technologies, challenging projects, and ideas.
As a Django Developer, you will create and expand our in-house tools and help to develop an agile framework that adapts to quickly evolving business requirements. Your responsibilities will include:
- Designing a platform for the development of in-house tools
- Working with and supporting other technical team members
- Liaising with business teams to develop informational systems
- Liaising with technical teams to develop systems and network interfaces
- Expert knowledge of programming concepts and object-oriented programming
- Fluency in Python and experience in architecting a large Django site of loosely coupled applications
- Extensive experience working with relational databases and handling large datasets
- Strong knowledge of web programming concepts and experience in developing web-based applications
- Expertise with MySQL and AJAX/JS
- Experience with HTTP servers and caching
- Strong Linux skills
- Exposure to systems and/or network automation (a plus)
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in English
Additionally, we are seeking someone who is:
- Self-starting and can work autonomously in a larger team
- Committed to following best practices
- Keenly interested in developing technologies
- Enthusiastic about test-driven development
- Able to learn quickly and take on new responsibilities as priorities change
- Organized and detail-oriented