Mid-level web developer will participate in the software development activities required to support the ePower Systems Development Team current and new requirements and initiatives. The developer will also work closely with other Systems Development Team members to stay current on technologies and software standards. This position needs solid knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle to support development efforts to include requirements gathering, documentation, and other duties to perform SDLC activities. The person needs to be flexible and dynamic as priorities and management decisions of these projects can change daily. This requires experience working in a fast moving, high-pressure, team-oriented environment. Qualified candidate needs a firm understanding of software configuration management tools (such as: Visual SourceSafe, Borland StarTeam, or any enterprise level version control system) as well as development of web-based software applications in general.
Primary responsibilities include new development and maintenance of existing applications – may also include end-user/customer technical support as required.
LC Description: Under general supervision, develops, codes, tests, and debugs new software and enhancements to existing web software. Competent to work on fairly complex programs with guidance. Works with technical staff to understand problems with web software and resolve them.
Experience in developing web based applications using:
- .NET - Experience with .NET 2.0 a must, .NET 3.5 and above a plus
- Oracle 10g experience a must
- Familiarity with SharePoint or equivalent collaboration tool development a must
- Object-oriented programming principles
- 508 Compliance
- Experience with automated workflow development using e.POWER, Nintex, Microsoft Windows Workflow Foundation or similar tools a plus
- Database design/development using SQL Server 2005/2008 or higher to develop stored procedures and triggers a plus
- MVC and other common design patterns a plus
- Web Services a plus
- Java experience a plus
- Adobe’s ColdFusion experience a plus
- Experience with PHP, Ruby or other web application language a plus
- Familiarity with Agile Software Development practices a plus
Excellent verbal and written communications skills are essential for this position as the developer will be required to work with other teams, end users and directly with government and military customers.
Rollout Systems, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer very competitive compensation and excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, 401(k), Life/AD&D/STD/LTD Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, paid vacation/sick/personal leave.
Apply here or email resume to careers @ rolloutsys.com (remove spaces).