LifeWay in Nashville, TN, is seeking an eBook Developer for its rapidly expanding digital and e-publishing initiatives. The digital and e-publishing team is a collection of vibrant individuals who are passionate about providing our customers with quality products and a transforming experience. With more than 100,000 products, large volumes of content and an ever growing digital and e-publishing presence, we are looking for talented individuals who possess the passion and desire to develop products that change lives. Are you that person?
- Formatting books into eBooks by hand-coding standards compliant HTML, XHTML, CSS, and running various scripts. You will also be responsible for the clean-up, proofing, and other text conversion processes.
- Research, develop, and guide the publishing workflow processes, systems, and schedules.
- Develop and oversee structural tagging schemas consistent with other publishing components.
- Trains publishing personnel to improve workflow and technical skills.
- Collaborates on the development of publishing file structures, systems, and repository requirements.
- Assist with selected product development functions such as digital downloads.
- Stay abreast of new technologies related to publishing that benefit LifeWay.
- Troubleshoot workflow and technical issues.
- Organize, format, and maintain digital repositories.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelors degree in Technology, Graphic Design, Multi-media and/or Business.
- Experience with traditional publishing processes, desktop, and e-publishing processes and their systems (i.e. Adobe CS).
- Familiarity and experience with digital publishing workflow management and design.
- E-publishing development experience.
- Project management experience.
- A minimum of 2 - 4 years multi-media and publishing experience.
LifeWay Christian Resources - 12 months ago
LifeWay Christian Resources is one of the world's largest providers of Christian products and services, including Bibles, Bible studies,...