eBusiness Solutions Lead Consultant
The role of the Lead Consultant is to review initial findings of the client engagement as identified by the E-Business consulting and sales team and collaborate with the designer and technical consultant to help further refine the scope of the engagement.
The Lead Consultant will leverage processes and tools in place as a foundation, but will need to adapt the approach as necessary in order to meet the objectives of the engagement. The Lead Consultant will work as the liaison between the development team and the client, where implementation of a solution is applicable. He or she should maintain a familiarity with current business issues, objectives, and strategies of the assigned area and recognize issues and opportunities to optimally apply technology to enhance existing or build new business capabilities.
The Lead Consultant must be able to effectively communicate with business stakeholders using business terminology as well as possess a strong technical background to enable comprehensive alignment. Duties include coordinating and facilitating requirements gathering sessions and partnering with a business solutions analyst on the documentation of use cases and system requirements as well as interfacing with the program and project managers as required.
The role requires a thorough understanding of the consulting competency and approach. The Lead Consultant must exhibit strong written, verbal, and presentation skills coupled with a high level of professionalism, tact, and diplomacy. The individual should also demonstrate critical analytical skills and sound judgment. The Lead Consultant must be effective in leading cross-functional teams, identifying and communicating issues as they arise and be able to recommend a path for resolution.
Basic job responsibilities include:
· Manages the analysis process of the client engagement including oversight of the approach, progress and communication of status
· Provides direction to the internal team members in order to move through the analysis process: i.e. - review of requirements feasibility, design discussions and composite reviews, research and resolution of open items, brainstorming on new or enhanced functionality
· Managing all interactions, communications and meetings with the client for assigned engagements related to requirements elicitation, documentation and validation
· Provides direction to team resources when on site with the client, developing and driving the agenda, documenting decisions and capturing open items
· Ensures E-Business consulting brand and value proposition is clearly understood by the client and is consistently displayed by all project team members
· Partners with the project manager to ensure project is being delivered according to project scope, schedule, and budget
· In conjunction with the Project Manager, escalates any issues/concerns to the Program Manager and E-Business Director of Operations to ensure resolution
· Special projects as assigned
Requirements for this position include:
· 5 years experience with business or systems analysis, acting in a client-facing role.
· Demonstrated experience with E-Business, technology, or web-related projects.
· Experience in an iterative or agile project management environment.
· Exceptional verbal, written and communication skills.
· Strong business knowledge with understanding of DST systems and web products a plus.
· Strong facilitation and presentation skills with specific experience leading JAD sessions for external clients.
· The ability to quickly understand the scope of the project and identify key success and risk factors.
· Experience in defining strategy and creating an executable roadmap for delivery.
· Ability to prioritize multiple tasks effectively.
· Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, Project, Visio, and PowerPoint) and system documentation tools
· Enthusiastic team-player as well as a self-starter
Boston Financial - 17 months ago