Nice to have skills:
- eCommerce experience
- Strong MS Office skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, etc.)
- Basic understanding of relational databases and related technologies (Oracle, SQL, MySQL, etc.)
- Familiarity and experience with Linux, HTTP web services, IP Networking, Java-based technologies, HTML, XML, and eCommerce platforms such as Oracle ATG Commerce is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience in the administration and operations of computing environments.
- Experience with standard system Operations methods and procedures.
- Ability to interpret performance graphs and identify anomalies indicative of potential issues. Experience monitoring E-commerce environments preferred, but not required
- Process improvement background is a plus (read, follow, test, review, provide feedback)
In this role you will be responsible for monitoring performance of live eCommerce sites, including third-party dependencies and custom applications running in a UNIX/Linux environment. Perform ongoing business and application support; diagnosing, resolving and/or escalating issues, and evaluating and recommending options for improving performance, maintainability and operability. Person will also establish expertise in the overall operation of the online sites themselves and their interactions with the infrastructure, database, and Middleware components. Will facilitate the resolution of complex issues by engaging the appropriate support groups. Develops and improves operations methods and procedures, including implementing/improving monitoring and automation techniques.
This company does not offer a relocation package, nor do they reimburse for travel expenses to the interview, so local candidates are preferred. There are no visa sponsorships available for this position.
- Provide 24x7 monitoring and immediate response for issues impacting application, functionality, and overall customer experience. Must be flexible to work shifts any day of the week, and any time of the day.
- Serves as single point of contact for site issues and owns resolution.
- Develops and distributes timely and professional business notifications to stakeholders during site outages.
- Qualify, prioritize, and document reported issues, gathering all the necessary facts to adequately and efficiently understand the issue, business and customer impact based on fact-based data and metrics, and determine resources to engage.
- Build, implement and maintain tools for automating application administration, management and monitoring. Work to identify and deliver utilities for enhancing the reliability and manageability of application components.
- Develop automation to augment and/or enhance application processing.
- Develop, test and document operations procedures including maintenance, restart/recovery, and other troubleshooting. Perform ongoing revision and testing of established procedures.
- Establish and follow a structured methodology for implementing system changes, configuration modifications and application upgrades, adhering to change management processes.
- Be a subject matter expert on the operations of our core sites.
JobServe USA - 2 years ago