The eCommerce Team Leader will be responsible for supervising an eBooks department and/or a shopgoodwill department utilizing a full time staff. Supports staff in writing creative ads to stimulate market interest using the internet & Microsoft email systems. Continually provides staff with technical and customer service training to insure proper packaging, shipping and delivery of product. Maintains effective working relationships with retail management to improve eBooks and Shopgoodwill.
Critical 1st Year Goals
1. Drive production for eBooks and Shopgoodwill.com.
• eBooks quota is a minimum of 80 scans per hour, per person.
• Shopgoodwill.com quota is a minimum of 5 listings per hour, per person.
2. Manage quality control in both incoming products as well as shipping procedures.
• Ensure that product is being shipped correctly from the stores to eCommerce processing area.
• Ensure that incoming product is being processed according to standards and in a timely fashion.
3. Maintain good standings with seller feedback
• eBooks to maintain 96% positive seller feedback ratings on all marketplaces.
Follow up with any buyer’s feedback that has a rating of three (3) or below.
Ensure that shipping procedures are being followed and consciously reviewed to look for improvements or cost-savings.
• Answer all eBooks buyer email questions and respond to each of them in a timely manner.
Critical Job Duties
e-Books / Shopgoodwill 100%
• Oversee the production process to ensure the timely and accurate management of product shipping and postings.
• Monitor website to ensure that product is active online and appropriately displayed (image, description, title etc.)
• Work with staff to map processes for improvement opportunities.
• Train and coordinate staff to ensure a consistent customer experience.
• Work with staff to coordinate timely product flows and tracking of inventory.
• Work with internal and external partners to meet customer needs and deadlines.
• Ensure production goals are being meet.
• Train and assist staff in writing creative ads to attract target customers to Goodwill.
• Provide excellent customer service by answering customer questions and processing orders accurately and in a timely manner.
• Packing and shipping orders via most effective methods.
• Ensure customer satisfaction.
• Maintain website and keep information current and accurate.
• Other duties may be assigned.
1. Inability to communicate and effectively build working relationships with Goodwill employees and leaders.
2. Inability to provide customer service
3. Inability to achieve daily goals.
4. Inability to demonstrate behavior consistent with Goodwill’s Mission, Basic Principles and Standards of Conduct.
Additional Position Information
1. What are the major objectives to be accomplished by the person in this job?
• Achieve eBooks & Shopgoodwill production goals.
• Meet customer service expectations.
2. What are the most frequent and most essential work activities in this job?
• Working with eCommerce staff hands-on to achieve production goals.
• Building effective working relationships with Goodwill employees and leaders.
3. What behavioral traits, attitudes and skills are required?
• Customer Focus
• Continuous Improvement
• Decision Making
• Building a Successful Team
4. What people and how many are supervised by the person in this job?
• Up to 40 full time employees
5. How will the person in this position be evaluated?
• Evaluated on the business goals established with/by their Manager.
• How they accomplish their goals are consistently demonstrated with Goodwill’s 5 Basic Principles.
Respect for people - We strive to treat everyone in a respectful manner.
Customer satisfaction - We strive to exceed the expectations customers, donors, and users of our services have of us.
Informed decision-making - We gather useful information and, to the extent possible, make decisions based on facts.
Continuous improvement - We continuously seek better ways to do our work and accomplish our mission.
Good stewardship - We are responsible stewards of all our resources
6. What are the toughest parts of this job on a day-to-day basis?
• Meeting daily production
• Time Management
7. Describe the leadership style used to manage the individual in this position?
• Position reports to the Merchandise Product Manager whose management style is self-motivated, results-oriented.
• Will have a direct approach to dealing with problem solving and process improvement; has high expectations for self direction, motivation, and results.
8. Describe how this person would fail in the position should they not demonstrate
the ability to:
• Failure to meet established and agreed upon deadlines/goals.
• Failure to provide excellent customer service.
• Failure to build effective working relationships.
• Creative and technical writing skills required.
• Must demonstrate strong relationship management skills.
• Strong communication skills: verbal, written, and computer (proficiency with Microsoft office products).
• Working knowledge of internet
• Results orientated and driven to achieve goals.
• 1-2 years supervisory experience
• High school diploma or GED required
Compensation and Benefits Summary
Starting pay rate: $11.00 - $12.00 per hour
The following is the comprehensive benefits programs in which full-time employees may participate:
• Continuing education & leadership development
• Comprehensive health plan
• Vacation and sick leave
• Life, Dental & Vision
• Short & long term disability plans
• Nationally recognized preventive health & wellness program
• Section 125 pre-tax health spending account, dependent care spending account and premiums
• Retirement plan with generous match
How to Apply: Submit cover letter and resume online at www.goodwillindy.org/gwjobs.
Goodwill Industries of Central Indiana, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Goodwill of Central Indiana - 9 months ago