Allina Health is a not-for-profit system of hospitals, clinics and other health care services with more than 23,500 employees, 5,000 physicians and 2,500 volunteers dedicated to meeting the lifelong health care needs of patients and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. Allina is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
Allina Commons is the Minneapolis-based headquarters of Allina Health, a not-for-profit health care organization serving patients and communities. Approximately 1,600 corporate and administrative service employees work at offices within Midtown Exchange, site of the historic Sears retail complex at Chicago Avenue and E. Lake Street. This community landmark, adjacent to the campus of Allina's Abbott Northwestern Hospital, is the second largest building in Minnesota and includes offices, an internationally themed public market and residential units.
- Answering phone from internal and external customers for all Allina Hospitals and Clinics and business units related to release of information
- Evaluating appropriateness of authorizations for disclosure to meet MN statutes and HIPAA rules
- Documenting all requests in Excellian and other systems as appropriate
- Reviewing all Allina legacy systems for previous records
- Scanning, printing, preparing records electronically to be shared with requesters
- Responding to Care Everywhere calls for external customers
- High School grad/GED
- AA preferred in Health information Management
- Previous HIM or comparable health care experience
- Two years customer service experience
- Computer skills, ability to find information on internet, Word processing , Excel, Electronic Medical Record systems
- Excellent customer service skills and attention to detail
Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
- Part-time: 28 hours per week
- Work Schedule:
- Week1: Monday-Thursday 6:30am-3:00pm
- Week2: Tuesday-Thursday 6:30am-3:00pm
- Day shifts
Minneapolis boasts being both cosmopolitan yet small enough that you can find a place to call home whether on a lake, golf course, or in an adjoining suburb. With the fast pace of activity there are professional sports, theater, or enough parks for a quiet walk. The area has numerous schools and colleges, both public or private, and enough teams for all weekend athletes to join.
Community Resource Links:
- Located in Minneapolis
- Population = 380,000
- Service Area = 2,882,245
Community Information School Digger
Explore Minnesota MN Dept of Education
Minneapolis St. Paul Magazine St. Paul Pioneer Press
Twin Cities Living Magazine Star Tribune
If you are interested in becoming part of our award winning team of professionals, please apply online today. Allina Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. EEO / AA
Allina Health System - 17 months ago
Allina Health is a not-for-profit system of hospitals, clinics and other health care services with more than 23,500 employees,...