UPWARD LEADERSHIP INSTITUTE
JOB TITLE: eLearning Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Upward Leadership Institute
LAST UPDATED: 7/30/12
- Reports to the Vice President of the Upward Leadership Institute
- Budget Responsibility – Budget adherence
- Direct Reports –No
- Strategy Execution: daily/weekly/monthly responsibilities
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
This position is responsible building and updating all online learning modules for Upward Unlimited as coordinated by the Upward Leadership Institute. This person will be expected to not only complete the technical aspect of the job but also be heavily involved in content development and instruction methods.
- Assist in moving eLearning assets in house from a third party location.
- Evaluate and update all current online modules.
- Make seasonal updates to current and future modules.
- Meet with in house customers to assist in content development to best accomplish their stated goals (Franchisee training, coach screening, referee training, program overviews, etc…)
- Serve as a part of the Upward Leadership Institute events team to conduct all events for Upward Unlimited.
People strong in the Activator theme can make things happen by turning thoughts into action.
Ability to analyze needs of various divisions within Upward Unlimited and assist them with planning out the best way to accomplish the desired outcome.
People strong in the Communication theme generally find it easy to put their thoughts into words. They are good conversationalists and presenters.
Lead presentations and meetings with divisional leaders.
Place themselves in the shoes of the learner as they develop content to be relevant and easily processed.
People strong in the Futuristic theme are inspired by the future and what could be. They inspire others with their visions of the future.
Forward thinking about how content developed today can be best utilized in the future to avoid obsolete materials.
Clearly show internal customers what could be accomplished beyond their own understanding of the process.
People strong in the Learner theme have a great desire to learn and want to continuously improve. In particular, the process of learning rather than the outcome excites them.
Desire to understand the goals and desired outcomes of all Upward Unlimited divisions to better serve them.
Staying on the front end of eLearning resources and technology.
People strong in the Restorative theme are adept at dealing with problems. They are good at figuring out what is wrong and resolving it.
Able to troubleshoot issues that arise within our in house LMS.
Analyzing problems each division faces and suggesting eLearning solutions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Three years with both rapid and robust authoring tools and integration and delivery of e-learning courseware in learning management systems (e.g., Captivate, Udutu, Lectora, Flash, and Cornerstone LMS)
- Three years implementing and administering a learning management system (LMS)
- Familiar with both PC and Apple platforms (Mac, iPad, iPod)
- Ability to Lift: a max of 75 lbs.
- Sedentary position: Seated 75% of the time.
- Continuous motion: Wrist motion typing on computer 60%, walking/standing/climbing stairs 40%.
- Type of environment: Office, Vehicle, Partner Church Locations.
- Travel 30-40 days per year.
- Review of performance on bi-annual basis with weekly updates on progress of projects or other responsibilities.
- Timely and satisfactory execution and completion of principle responsibilities listed within this job description as well as other related duties as required and assigned.
- Upward is a Christian religious ministry organization, and it expects the individual holding this position to share its religious principles and beliefs in word and action...