Mission of the Department of Medicine - UCSF Endocrinology & Metabolism remains simple: to provide world-class endocrinology care in the clinic and lead the endocrine field in research. For over 50 years, the Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism at UCSF has been an international leader in both clinical endocrinology and basic endocrine research. The UCSF Diabetes and Endocrinology program is consistently ranked as a top-10 program in the nation and the best in California by the U.S. News & World Report.
We bring the questions and unknowns from our patient's bedside to the research laboratory, not only to improve our understanding of the disease process, but to develop new therapeutic modalities. We then bring the advances of the laboratory back to our patients.
A critical member of the Ambulatory Integration Team at SFGH, the position of eReferral Program Manager/Specialty Analyst has dual responsibilities of providing operational oversight of the eReferral system and engaging specialty clinics with data metrics.
Specific eReferral-related responsibilities include: providing day-to-day operational oversight of the program by managing the implementation process for participating services; working with services and IT staff to update the eReferral portal; serving as a resource for eReferral users across the system; conducting audits of specialist reviewer response rates; communicating and serving as a program resource to a broad range of internal and external stakeholders; tracking eReferral interest from outside institutions; developing and delivering outreach presentations to eReferral users; drafting eReferral-related proposals and reports as needed. With transition to a vendor-based system, the interface will shift from working with internal IT staff to working with vendor representatives.
Specific data-related responsibilities include: generating data reports for specialty clinics as needed using Access, i2iTracks, eReferral and NCR Picker systems; working with other Ambulatory Integration Team members and clinical staff to develop and refine specialty data dashboard metrics that encompass operational, clinical, patient experience, utilization and financial arenas (dashboards are produced and pushed out by the Data Center); engaging specialty clinic leadership in improvement efforts based on data dashboards; reviewing and analyzing eReferral data for operation and evaluation purposes. The incumbent will also perform other related duties.
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is a leading university dedicated to promoting health worldwide through advanced biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and excellence in patient care. It is the only campus in the 10-campus UC system dedicated exclusively to the health sciences.
• BA/BS with a major in a related field and five to seven years of relevant experience in administrative analysis or operations research; or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
• Mastery of Microsoft Office Suite products, including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel;
• Facility with relational database products such as Microsoft Access;
• Outstanding written and oral communication skills;
• Outstanding interpersonal skills;
• Outstanding organizational skills;
• Outstanding analytical skills;
• Significant experience with writing reports and delivering public presentations;
• Experience with project management
Physical Demands: requires sitting, standing, walking, squatting, bending, waist twisting, kneeling, climbing stairs, reaching shoulder height and below, lifting/carrying/pushing/pulling up to 20 lbs., fine finger manipulation, gross manipulation, simple/power grasp, repetitive hand/arm use; exposure to loud noise, dust, fumes or gases, latex; ability to differentiate color; operating motor vehicles, use of protective equipment.
Note: Fingerprinting and background check required.
• Experience with project evaluation;
• Experience with quality improvement initiatives;
• Experience with basic HTML programming;
• Master’s Degree in Public Health, Public Administration, Public Policy;
• Experience with health care delivery systems and safety net systems
University of California San Francisco - 22 months ago