NELSON and Brinjac Engineering are pleased to announce that we have joined forces to benefit clients and create new opportunities for growth. Brinjac Engineering, A NELSON Company, will function as the firm’s engineering division with services provided under the Brinjac brand.
While NELSON has offered mechanical, electrical and plumbing engineering services for many years, the acquisition of Brinjac will expand those services to include fire protection, building code consultation, lighting design, telecommunications, security, technology distribution, commissioning, structural, civil/site and environmental engineering.
We are always looking for people committed to providing exceptional engineering services and delivering innovative solutions. We are comprised of the industry’s most seasoned and talented engineers and their commitment to outstanding quality drives their passion. If you are looking for a growing, highly professional work environment and enjoy working with creative minds, this is the place for you. For more information, please visit www.brinjac.com and www.nelsononline.com.
We are currently seeking an Electrical Engineer to participate as a member of the project team in all aspects of preparing complete and comprehensive engineering construction drawings and specifications and coordinate the documents with project consultants and contractors. This position could be based in Harrisburg, PA, Baltimore, MD, or Philadelphia, PA.
- Attend meetings with clients, consultants, contractors and vendors as required
- Participate in the design phase activities by providing expertise in detail development
- Organize and prepare all construction drawings and specifications
- Participate in all construction phase activities
- Participate in the development and maintenance of the standards libraries including CAD standards and procedures
- Adhere to established project goals and objectives including but not limited to schedule and budget parameters
- Conduct existing conditions surveys and prepare engineering floor plans, sections, elevations and details as appropriate to document relevant conditions
- Review applicable building codes and develop a list of criteria to be reflected in the design documents
- Assist the design team by researching products and systems that accomplish the design intent
- Prepare construction documents including, but not limited to: demolition plans; floor plans; ceiling plans; telephone/electric/data plans; details plans; sections and elevations; and construction specifications for all materials and products selected and documented by Brinjac
- Review both Brinjac and consultant documents, conferring with the Senior Engineer, and the Project Manager as needed, to ensure consistency with both Brinjac project and quality standards, accomplish the design intent, and code compliance
- Prepare bidding documents, general conditions and supplemental conditions that are part of the contract documents
- Prepare and issue addenda as required
- Establish and maintain the shop drawing/sample submission log during the construction phase
- Review and process all shop drawing/sample submissions and consult with the Senior Engineer and Project Manager as appropriate, to ensure that the design intent is being maintained
- Prepare and issue responses to contractor’s request for information
- Prepare and issue bulletin and change order documentation
- Participate in job site meetings and construction observation activities as required
- Participate in the punch list process
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline
- 2 years minimum experience in electrical power, communications, controls, or lighting controls design in commercial, public, healthcare, or educational sectors with a consulting engineering firm.
- EIT required. PE a plus. BICSI RCDD Certification preferred.
- Effective written and verbal communications skills Revit and AutoCAD software expertise is a plus
We offer competitive wages based on skills and experience, excellent benefits package including; Paid Time Off, medical, dental, 401K, pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts, and more. NELSON is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you have read this and feel this may be the career opportunity for you, please apply by clicking the "Apply now" link. Due to the large volume of candidates, only qualified applicants will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.