Our client has a Direct Hire/Full Time position with benefits for a Sr. Electrical Engineer with P.E. in the Hartford, CT area.
MUST HAVE !!!!!! Professional Engineer, (P.E.) LICENSE !!!!!
Minimum BS in Electrical Engineering
Minimum of 15 yrs experience
Salary to $110,000 based upon experience plus benefits
- Experience with Preparation of Studies, Master Plans, Bid Drawings and Specifications for:
--Hospitals, Institutionals Facitities, Commercial Facilities, Colleges and Universities
-- Campus Utility Distribution
- Strong Analytical Skills Including Experience with Power Analysis Software Packages such as SKM
- Strong Communication Skills, Including Business and Technical Writing.
- Proficient with Industry Standards and Codes such as NEC, IEEE, and INETA.
- Experience Required with Power Distribution Desirable - 208V to 15 kV, Including:
o Power Quality.
o Selective Coordination.
o Short Circuit and Arc Flash Hazard Analysis.
o Protective Relaying.
o Co-Generation / CHP Systems.
o Generation Systems:
Operating in Parallel with Utility.
Multiple Synchronized Units.
o Utility Interface and Coordination.
o Load Flow and Reliability Analysis.
o Distribution Equipment: Switchgear, Substations, Transformers, Switches.
o Review of Installed/Existing Systems.
Position Will Require Candidate To:
- Concurrently Work on Multiple Projects.
- Work as Part of a Team of Engineers and Designers.
- Supervise Subordinate Staff.
- Project Manager for Select Electrically Focused Projects.
- Provide Technical Support to Other Staff Firm Wide On Power Topics.
- Visit Project Sites to Interface with Clients and Collect Data.
- Attend Meetings Both at Office and at Client Facilities.
- Provide Quality Control Review of Electrical Documents.
Desirable Qualifications Beyond Basic Listed Above:
- Willingness to Assume Electrical Department Head Duties.
- Interest in Serving as a Resource for Electrical Designers and Engineers