SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Responsible for inspection, testing and maintenance of electrical, electronic and HVAC systems on rolling stock equipment and components in accordance with FRA and Amtrak standards and guidelines. Works on electrical systems and components with AC and DC voltage.
- Performs inspection, testing and maintenance in accordance with 49CFR regulations and Amtrak standards and guidelines.
- Utilizes a variety of test equipment, PC and graphic information to diagnose malfunctions, troubleshoot and qualify components and circuits to determine corrective actions and causes of equipment failures.
- Repairs and/or replaces doors, electronics, signs, pantographs and HVAC systems.
- Installs components such as motors, generators, switches, relays, batteries and transformers.
- Performs approved electrical modifications and repairs or replaces components, as necessary.
- Troubleshoots equipment to determine corrective actions and causes of equipment failures.
- Maintains proper care and use of materials, test equipment, machines and hand tools normally associated with assigned job.
Must have a High School Diploma or General Educational Development (GED) certificate.
Completion of technical school or apprenticeship program.
- Experience in electrical repairs, and testing advanced electrical/electronic systems and reading, drafting, and interpreting circuit diagrams, schematics and mechanical drawings.
- Experience in both A/C and D/C electrical systems.
- Knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot using schematics and multimeters.
- Knowledge and skill in the use of electrical tools, equipment and the measurements necessary to meet established standards.
- Some computer skills.
PREFERRED WORK EXPERIENCE:
Experience in the maintenance of railroad equipment.
Must successfully complete training and attain/retain certifications applicable to assigned job.
NOTE: Preference will be given to local applicants
Moving America where it wants to go.
Amtrak connect businesses and communities across the country and move America’s workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance. We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job – we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
Are you ready to join the Amtrak team?
We proudly support and encourage U.S. Veterans to apply for this position. All positions require pre-employment background verification, medical review and pre-employment drug screen. Amtrak is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.