The primary purpose of this position is to install, test, calibrate, tune, maintain, repair and modify all plant electrical, instruments, and control systems to ensure continued operations at the highest level of skill in accordance with training, plant procedures and direction. Perform preventative maintenance to maximize equipment uptime. Ensure that electrical maintenance work performed maintains or improves product quality and production efficiency. Maintain a safe working environment and plant efficiency. Maintenance performance shall be consistent with company goals, business unit Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) to include safety, quality, efficiency, productivity, and customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following is a list of duties to be performed by the Electrician Maintenance Technician. However, the duties are in no way limited to/by the list.
- Participate as a Team Member of the assigned Business Unit.
- As a member of the shift Maintenance Team provide rapid response to equipment/electrical related problems to maximize equipment uptime and production efficiencies.
- Understand theory, operation, troubleshooting of plant electrical and instrumentation equipment.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret schematics, logic drawings, or other prints or drawings as necessary.
- Troubleshoot mechanical and electrical failures in a minimal amount of time.
- Communicate information to Maintenance Coordinator and to the Production Supervisor regarding technical issues, equipment problems, and continuous improvement ideas.
- Document equipment repairs/findings onto work orders for input into the Computerized Maintenance Management System (Maximo).
- Ability to diagnose and repair electrical controls, industrial motor control centers, and programmable logic controllers (PLC’s) as well as PLC controlled equipment.
- Troubleshoot control wiring, relay logic, motor drive circuits, control system devices, photo eyes, limit switches, proximity switches, and transducers.
- Utilize Digital Volt Meter, Mega OHM Meter and AMP probes to diagnose electrical problems.
- Operate and calibrate automation systems in order to provide accurate information.
- Perform Preventive Maintenance (PM's), inspections and/or repair of equipment during shutdowns which may require weekend work and/or shift reassignment in response to production requirements.
- Support the installation and start-up of new equipment.
- Perform welding and machine shop tasks related to repair of equipment and machinery.
- Work with equipment vendors or technical representatives on re-builds, service visits and equipment training to reduce downtime. Work directly with Production personnel, Quality personnel, and support members to problem-solve and trouble-shoot to correct machine malfunctions.
- Assist operators in machine change-overs.
- Perform mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic installation, repair and service of machinery and support systems as required.
- Perform systematic preventive maintenance, including electrical and mechanical adjustments, inspections and minor repairs on plant equipment as necessary.
- Complete special projects as required, including design and repair work on material handling systems and other mechanical and electrical devices.
- Design and fabricate parts to improve machine / equipment operation and safety.
- Address all mechanical, electrical, material and safety discrepancies as detected and/or report these discrepancies to appropriate personnel as necessary.
- Rotate jobs within business unit and with other business units as assigned. Rotate on alternative shifts as required.
- Train production technicians and maintenance personnel as requested.
- Maintain proper safety conditions of equipment and of Company assets.
- Maintain an organized, clean and safe work area.
- Work in confined and tight spaces.
- Effectively read, write, speak and comprehend English.
- Comply with area Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Quality Assurance Parameters (QAPs), Good Manufacturing Process (GMPs) Procedures, and ISO Standards. Be knowledgeable in all required Quality Assurance checks and in HACCP related items.
- Comply with all company safety procedures and guidelines and comply with all company guidelines and policies.
- Clean and sanitize machines to meet legal and quality standards. Maintain a clean, organized work area respecting GMPs.
- Ensure that job operations maintain or improve product quality. Stop and correct job operation if product quality is affected negatively.
- Work daily overtime and weekends as required.
- Maintain OSHA Certified Forklift License (if applicable).
- Demonstrate good attendance.
- Effectively read, write, speak and comprehend English.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Six years of electrical repair and maintenance experience; OR, completion of a four year federally approved technical training program in electrical repair and maintenance; OR, any equivalent combination of experience, training, and/or education. Demonstrated training and experience in electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, electronic, pneumatic and Programmable Logic Controllers preferred. Preferred experience in those fields with an emphasis in high-speed packaging. Demonstrated training and experience in steam/boilers, air handling systems, ammonia systems, plumbing systems, welding, and millwrighting preferable. Working knowledge of hand and power tools. Ability to read blue prints, diagrams and schematics. Ability to work with limited supervision and perform effectively in a team-oriented environment. Working knowledge of computers and software applications, preferably with MS Office applications.
Indeed - 18 months ago