* 12 month+ Contract Position in Cedar Rapids, IA. U.S. Citizenship Required **
This is a Software Engineering position within the Common Software Products department of the Government Systems business area.
Multiple programs are supported by the products that are developed by this team. The initial project will be developing and/or verifying device drivers or BSP components for a 7448 Power PC processor embedded within a control display unit for the KC-10 Tanker program. Other programs being supported are Agusta Westland AW 169 Displays, Saab Gripen Displays, KC-46A Tanker Remote Vision System and Tactical Situational Awareness System, US Army Common Avionics Architecture System (CAAS) products such as Control Display Units, Multifunction Displays, and Integrated Processing Cabinets.
The job involves developing and/or verifying low-level embedded software for avionics and related products. The majority of the work is customizing and integrating Real-Time Operating System components such as device drivers, board support packages, and boot code. Candidates will be expected to independently perform multiple tasks with only occasional support from a mentor.
- Candidates must be US Citizens and willing to work onsite in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
- 3-5 years of experience in real-time embedded software and hardware interfacing
- Candidates should be able to demonstrate the ability to perform in each of the software development phases (requirements definition, software design, code development, integration, and verification)
- The engineer should have an awareness of the entire engineering process but may not necessarily be required/assigned to perform tasks in each phase
- Candidates must have good communication skills and be willing to work in all aspects of software engineering processes (design, coding, documentation, verification, etc.)
- The applicant should be knowledgeable and skilled with a variety of development and test tools for low-level software integration and debugging (such as JTAG Debuggers)
-Candidates must have experience and good understanding of the DO-178B Level C (or higher) development and verification process
PREFERRED BUT NOT REQUIRED:
- DOORS requirements database
- VxWorks device driver development
- LynxOS / LynxOS-178 device driver or BSP development
- Power PC Assembly language