Enterprise Search Consultant
Avalon Consulting, LLC implements Big Data, Web Presence, Content Publishing, and Enterprise Search solutions. We are the trusted partner to over one hundred clients, primarily Global 2000 companies, public agencies, and institutions of higher learning. Avalon is known for providing clients a superior engagement experience through a combination of business acumen, intellectual curiosity, collaborative work style, and strong partnerships with award-winning vendors.
Avalon Consulting, LLC is currently seeking an Enterprise Search Consultant in the Chicago area. The right candidate will not only possess technical experience, but also a great positive attitude, a solid work ethic, and a willingness to deliver a first rate product to the client’s satisfaction. You will participate in all phases of the software development lifecycle including technical specification, design, development, release/version control, testing and deployment.
Solid experience with any of the following technologies:
- SOLR, Lucene, Lucidworks, Elasticsearch, Endeca
- Autonomy IDOL Server
- Unix, Solaris or LINUX scripting
- Oracle Databases
- Experience in a technical consulting capacity or similar technical field
- Load testing and production support
- Indexing/spidering experience including web spider, file system, and relational database
- Experience with very large data sets and high traffic deployments
- Ability to guide clients through user-friendly search experience design
- Solid understanding of best practices for faceted search, auto-complete, and relevance boosting
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written) as well as interpersonal skills
- Excellent leadership and management skills to effectively plan/control projects
- Demonstrated teamwork in a professional setting, i.e. earned respect of staff and clients
- US Citizen preferred, but not required
- Install, configure, tune, and troubleshoot Search software
- Develop and maintain scripts for data manipulation and loading
- Create maintenance documentation for all technical aspects of the system
- Understand, define, and communicate the customer solution
- Support delivery into production, and provide production support and knowledge transfer
Avalon Consulting, LLC continuously seeks talented technical consultants to join our team. We have a strong local presence in Dallas, Washington D.C., Austin and Chicago. We have been recognized by the Dallas Business Journal as one of the Best Places to Work and are ranked on the Inc. 5000 list. We offer market-competitive compensation, aggressive performance incentives, and a full benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, life, and company-paid long term disability insurance. Avalon Consulting, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
PRINCIPALS ONLY. NO AGENCIES PLEASE.
Indeed - 13 months ago