ALK Technologies, a global leader in GeoLogistics™ and navigation software, is focused on developing innovative solutions for transportation, logistics, mobile workforces and consumers. For 30 years, ALK has led the transportation industry with high-quality routing, mileage and mapping solutions. ALK’s PC*MILER products are used by 98% of the largest North American transportation and logistics providers as well as the US Department of Defense. Its award-winning CoPilot Live GPS Navigation software applications provide voice-guided, turn-by-turn GPS navigation on a wide range of smartphones, mobile devices and on-board computers.
This is a great opportunity for entry level Geography majors to join our expanding Data Team. We are looking bright energetic people with a genuine interest in the GIS/GPS/mapping industry. Our GIS Technicians use ALK's proprietary GIS software to create, maintain, and enhance a number of transportation network database used in our products. This position will report to the GIS Manager, but requires considerable independent judgment and initiative.
- BA/BS in Geography or closely related field.
- Solid understanding of spatial data concepts and mapping techniques.
- An interest in computerized mapping is desired.
- Experience with ArcView, MS Access and GPS a plus.
- Excellent attention to detail, strong organizational skills and self-motivated
- Competitive salary with eligibility for merit and company bonuses
- ALK pays apporx 75% of your medical (POS or HMO) and dental benefits
- ALK pays 100% of your life insurance, AD&D, and short term disability
- Vision plan - exams, contacts, lenses and frames generously covered
- 20 paid time off days along with 8 paid holidays
- Eligible to participate in company 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Flexible spending account
- We offer a challenging and casual work place with flexible work schedules
- Barbeques throughout the summer, softball, holiday parties and more!
Indeed - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
ALK Technologies, Inc., headquartered in Princeton, NJ, was founded in 1979 as a transportation industry pioneer. ALK harnesses the power of...