The Evaluator evaluates oil, fuel, and coolant samples to correctly identify abnormal wear conditions, abusive machine operation, and a variety of differences caused by machine application.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Performs various administrative tasks in support of the evaluation process
- Previews the day’s test work and marks the daily sheets for various sample characteristics
- Pulls the sample bottles and set in trays for the lab techs
- Communicates effectively with shop personnel, construction workers, and people in related positions to convey oil sample information
- Communicates with customers to obtain more information when required
- Evaluates customer oil, fuel, and coolant samples from a variety of compartments and a variety of manufacturers
- Groups samples by similar types to establish norms and to establish normal trend lines for individual units or customers
- Searches for information about how CAT machines are made, what the normal maintenance schedule is, what types of fluid should be used, and what the known repair problems are
- Spots errors in the test data and mislabeled samples from the customers.
- Judges overall wear as well as developing failures
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Minimum Education Required: High School Diploma or GED
Minimum Experience Required: One year in a position learning the fundamentals of how diesel equipment works is preferred
Since 1976, Wagner sells and rents quality Cat machines used in heavy construction, building construction, mining, waste handling, paving,...