Job Description: Event Designer & Sales
Do you want to be a part of a rapidly growing and energetic company that is going places? Do you want new challenges and opportunities within the event field? Are you ready to be excited about your job? If so, send in your information. We are seeking the best of the best to join our team as we expand our offerings to the Twin Cities community and beyond. We have a unique offering here that truly complements our uniquely talented team.
We are a full-service event décor provider. We offer: event design & conception, event décor creation and rental, tent rental, linen and chair cover rental, event draping, event lighting, theme props, custom prop creation, catering rental needs, and fresh floral design.
We have an energetic, positive, and growing working environment built around a collection of strong talent and passion for what we do.
This position is a new position to increase the bandwidth of our sales and event design team. This individual will work in tandem with all members of our team to produce top-notch events for a variety of social, non-profit, and corporate clients. The individual should be passionate and enthusiastic about events and sales.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Event Design & Implementation
o Creative brainstorming & event conception
o Creation of trend-forward décor options
o Execution of event décor plans, diagrams, photos, mock-ups, and storyboards.
o Development of creative event look/feel
o Venue/vendor orders and follow-up
o Thorough documentation in database system of client orders and vision
o Preparation of planning documents in order to fulfill client event and prepare onsite staff
o Production planning
o Inside & outside sales functions
o Venue relationship management
o Phone & in-person consultations
o Responding to customer inquiries, developing quotes and proposals
o Trade show/Exhibit Staffing
o Sales follow-up
o Assistance in general company marketing efforts
- Event & Office Procedures
o Participation in companywide efforts to streamline efforts and implement procedures
o Active participation in furthering company goals and company reputation
o Lead key event sets and oversee a team of onsite event staff
o Ensure customer receives the event that they had envisioned.
- Additional duties and educational opportunities, as assigned.
Job responsibilities and goals will be refined based on aptitudes and interests of applicants as well as most timely company needs.
Individuals interested in this position should have a good grasp of the event industry and the time commitments/schedule associated with this industry. The candidate will be expected to have a flexible schedule in order to adjust hours to accommodate evening and weekend appointments/client events/industry functions/tradeshows, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience with inside and outside sales, preferably within the event industry.
- Experience developing sales proposals and quotes.
- Ability to sell across market segments to social events, wedding, corporate clients, general consumers, and non-profits.
- Ability to conceptualize a design for an event that will meet the client’s vision and budget while best utilizing our services and product.
- An autonomous worker with decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Dedicated and loyal individual who is enthusiastic and is excited about helping to elevate a company to the next level.
- Willingness to pitch in with whatever elements and priorities are highest for the company at any given point.
- Working knowledge of table and linen sizes as well as commonly used event terminology.
- Working knowledge of event set-ups related to chair covers, linen, ceiling draping, etc.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to network and foster relationships.
- Flexible individual with a passion for the event industry and sales.
- Interest in event trends.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word. Experience with database software.
- Understanding and excitement surrounding the small business culture.
- Ability to lift and move items, up to 50 lbs.
Preference will be given to candidates who demonstrate the following:
- Event rental and event decor experience.
- Artistic tendencies; Creativity and aptitude for design.
- Cursory knowledge of floral design.
- Pre-existing involvement within the Twin Cities event industry.
- Previous related experience.