JOB TITLE: Event Manager (Contractual)
DIVISION: Resource Development
LOCATION: Houston, Texas
The Event Manager (EM) is responsible and accountable for achieving assigned revenue generation targets. EM is responsible for the effective planning, implementation, and evaluation of special event fundraising efforts in Houston, Texas. In addition the EM provides staff support to the Houston special event volunteer committee. Please note: The contract period of the position will be from approximately February 1st until June 30th, 2014.
Vice President of Fundraising – Southern Region
No direct report supervision
- Develop and implement detailed plans (including goals, timelines and specific volunteer/staff assignments) for special events in Houston including the Fight for Air Climb and CTCA webinar and luncheon.
- Monitor and execute an income and expense budget for the Climb and other special events to achieve maximum results within budgeted costs.
- Recruit Chairman and committee members for committees in given market. Establish effective relationships with volunteers and monitor their assignments.
- Coordinate with ALAPGR marketing department for all marketing and public relations efforts.
- Develop and present proposals to secure special event gifts.
- Seek supplemental funding sources to underwrite fundraising expenses working in concert with the VP Fundraising and other staff.
- Manages the ROI database including communication with donors, data entry and coordination of administrative staff for a portion of data entry.
- Other duties as approved and assigned by the VP of Fundraising – Southern Region.
- Bachelors’ degree required.
- Two plus years of fundraising, marketing and/or sales experience preferred.
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies, as well as having the ability to manage multiple priorities within specific timeframes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Excellent people and leadership skills, with an ability to coach, motivate and develop volunteers.
- Knowledge of fundraising data bases and ability to manage detailed data entry and management with zero-error parameters.
Indeed - 7 months ago
copy to clipboard -
The American Lung Association of the Plains-Gulf Region serves Alabama, Arkansas, Kansas, Louisiana, Missouri, Mississippi, Nebraska,...