C&L Ward has a fantastic opportunity for sales minded, full time Event Marketing Manager to be a part of the company's marketing team!
The EMM is a responsible for LEAD GENERATION through event management, community relations and implementing face-to-face and lead conversion marketing strategies to meet organizational objectives. He or she must have a succeeding SALES and appointment CLOSING ability and also be a strong and respected manager who will also will be a hands on working manager (works most events on weekends), coach, mentor, trainer & will develop the community marketing team to meet lead generation goals.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Requirements:
1. Ability to plan, develop and motivate an event and lead generating marketing staff. Highly developed leadership skills including setting sound objectives, developing and administering measurement tools and providing feedback effectively.
2. Ability to develop constructive and effective working relationships within and outside of the organization.
3. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing with all levels of the organization and with external contacts.
4. Demonstrated knowledge and experience of needs analysis and/or consultative selling. STRONG LEAD CLOSING ABILITY.
5. Exhibits desirable and appropriate professional behavior including leadership, sense of urgency, independent judgment, teamwork, ability to get along with others, creative thinking and personal integrity to provide for a cohesive, productive marketing team dedicated to the achievement of corporate goals.
6. Ability to create and deliver powerful and effective presentations.
7. Demonstrated ability to develop programs and staff that are customer focused and the ability to instill this quality in others.
8. Highly effective time management and organizational skills, with the ability to instill these qualities in others.
9. Proven ability to exercise sound judgment both in sales, marketing, human resources and act accordingly as part of a management team.
10. Demonstrated ability to design, communicate and execute effective lead forecasts and budgets.
11. Must project polish with a professional and positive corporate image.
12. Ability to work in a complete customer satisfaction environment.
13. Ability to develop action plans, organize work and staff, meet deadlines, hold personnel accountable and follow-up on problems or issues.
14. Ability to effectively organize and plan day to day work by defining department needs and priorities.
15. Ability to evaluate department processes and procedures, recommend and suggest needed changes, and coordinate and implement new processes or procedures.
1. Knowledge and understanding of the home improvement industry with emphasis on exterior building materials such as windows, doors, siding, roofing, & gutter protection.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Works with VP of Marketing to plan, organize, and participate in the coordination of all face to face, non-media and digital related marketing activities such as: shows & events, community relations.
2. Establishes lead generation budgets, expectations, and responsibilities for the marketing team members and event vendors. Appraises and communicates performance relative to achievement of these goals.
3. Development of campaign forecasts and measurement metrics to measure lead generation performance and effectiveness against plan and adjustments of plan as needed to achieve desired results.
4. Recommends & develops strategies, plans, and/or marketing collateral to increase lead generation results.
5. Provides a weekly lead generation activity plan and reports to the VP of Marketing.
6. Directs all facets of event programs which includes all hiring, training, scheduling, and logistics.
7. Recommends, high performing marketing reps for promotion and advancement opportunities.
8. Responsible for the conversion of all C&L Ward leads into qualified sales appointments for the sales team. Target goal of 50% or greater inquiry to appt set ratio.
9. Regularly communicates and participates with the Sales Management team to better understand market trends, opportunities and threats facing the company.
10. Works to ensure the highest level of company image in the community.
11. Ensures all company policies and procedures are followed. Handles employee grievances in accordance with company policies and employee handbook. Ensures that all personnel understand and comply with all state and federal rules, regulations and laws.
12. Hires, trains, develops, coaches, mentors and evaluates the outside lead generation team(s).
13. Coordinates and works all outside events to train and coach staff and evaluates effective ROI.
15. Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
1. Majority of the time will be spent in the office, out in the community community and at training and mentoring promotional events & activities, driving outside lead generation.
2. Typical Business Hours: Weekly hours will vary depending on event & activity scheduling.
3. Saturday/Sunday/Evening hours will be required for promotional events & activities. Will adjust schedule during the week if working weekend events.
Education: Bachelor Degree preferred. Some college required.
Experience: 3 + years related progressive industry experience in event management and/or marketing leadership roles. Experience in managing and developing effective teams, budgets, and plans. Must possess proven background in driving sales through lead generation.
Special Conditions of Employment
1. Valid Michigan driver license is a condition of initial and continued employment. Chauffer’s License preferred.
2. Approved Background check is a condition of initial and continued employment.
3. Approved Drug Test is a contingency of initial and continued employment.
Salary, plus incentive pay, based on experience and a competitive benefit package.