Job Title: Exam Processing Supervisor
Reports To: Manager, Service Center
Summary of Position:
This position works in collaboration with the Exam Processing, Service Center and Program Compliance departments. The Exam Processing Supervisor will provide leadership and support for the Exam Processing team. The Exam Processing Supervisor must consistently demonstrate a thorough understanding of exam processing, security and administration procedures. This will be displayed by following departmental procedures, responsiveness, quality, follow-through and the ability to clearly communicate in a professional manner. This role is in a fast paced environment and requires extensive data entry, monitoring, and reporting that must be completed efficiently, accurately and within specified timeframes.
The Exam Processing Supervisor is responsible for the team’s accurate shipping and receipt of examinations, scoring and processing of examination answer sheets, inventory management, and printing and shipping of certificates for all NRA exams. The Exam Processing Supervisor works independently to complete daily tasks and as part of the Exam Processing team to ensure scoring and reporting deadlines are met. The Exam Processing Supervisor responds to and solves complex questions and issues as indicated by the Exam Processing Technicians and Manager.
- Works as part of Exam Processing team to accomplish Association goals.
- Assists with the development of department-related goals, objectives, initiatives, policies and procedures and implements as warranted.
- Regularly reviews policies and procedures related to exam processing and suggests changes when needed.
- Supports all internal team members and departments following the Association mission and values and competencies while promoting the culture of the Association.
- A positive promoter of the values, competencies and culture of the Association.
- Efficient and accurate data entry, monitoring of team performance, research, tracking, and overall reporting.
- Extensive knowledge and practice of exam security violations, examination administration policies and exam processing processes/procedures. Reports suspected issues to Manager promptly.
- Maintains high level of security of exams, examinee and proctor/instructor data at all times.
- Identifies researches and resolves situations where tasks are outside of the normal processing timeframe. Demonstrates expert proficiency in effective troubleshooting to resolve potential/existing situations, avoid delays, and prevent errors.
- Responds to internal and external customer and vendor requests in a professional, customer-focused and timely manner.
- Serves as lead on exam processing projects as assigned by supervisor.
- Provides inventory management and administrative support; develops and administers team training.
- Assists other members of the Exam Processing team when needed.
- Additional projects/tasks assigned by the Manager.
- Works on special projects and other duties as required helping to promote department’s success.
- Must be able to work independently and also as part of a team.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment and meet strict deadlines.
2. Essential Training/Certifications:
- High school diploma or GED required. College degree preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in data entry or general office administration
- Strong supervisory knowledge and experience required
3. Essential Skills/Knowledge:
- Well-developed reading and math skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Computer literate (Excellent knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint applications)
- Ability to learn other computer software programs, and enter and maintain accurate data/information
- Basic knowledge of office equipment such as fax and telephone
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of work records
- Strong organizational skills
- Flexible and resilient
- Time management skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and to work independently
4. Essential Mental Requirements:
- Must be able to work as an integral part of the Exam Processing Team
- Must be able to maintain good rapport with all departments
- Must be able to cope within a fast-paced work environment
- Must be able to understand the importance of the position for the success of the business
- Ability to accept changes and be flexible
- Be on time and with a minimal amount of absence
- There may be occasions that require overtime
- Must be able to act with honor, character and integrity
- Must be able to manage multiple projects
- Strong ethics/integrity
Indeed - 11 months ago