Job Title: Executive Administrative Assistant
FLSA Status: Exempt
Department: Office of the CEO
Reports To: Chief Executive Officer
Location: Austin, TX
Posted Date: February 10, 2014
Position Summary: Responsible for the executive management associated with the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and the office of the CEO. Daily responsibilities include, but not limited to, support of the Board of Directors, Board committees, Corporation members, and Council leadership team.
- BA or BS Degree.
- Minimum of five years extensive administrative experience.
- Executive presence.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess excellent computer skills (Windows preferred; Microsoft Office suite; Microsoft Project).
- Advanced computer skills and A/V knowledge is a plus.
- Customer service, time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks under pressure.
- Ability to make a commitment to the philosophy of Girl Scouts, both nationally and locally.
- Yearly membership in GSUSA.
- Record document and distribute correspondence including reports, minutes, contracts, etc. for the CEO, Council leadership team, Board of Directors and Board Committees in accordance with established procedures.
- Schedule and attend meetings for the CEO, Council leadership team, Board of Directors and Board Committees. Set up meeting room, compile, and record and distribute notes and reports from meetings.
- Maintain CEO’s appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel.
- Produce information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics.
- Conserve executive's time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications.
- Organize and ensure timely distribution of monthly and end-of-year management reports.
- Plan and execute special events including but not limited to the Annual Meeting and CEO speaking engagements.
- Perform advanced confidential executive level administrative duties requiring broad knowledge of the organization, policies, operating procedures & equipment.
- Manage the office of the CEO by coordinating projects, maintaining files, scheduling & preparing for appointments, daily review of and response to emails, letters, and phone calls for the CEO ensuring timely responses.
- Coordinate and maintain an effective “to-do” schedule to ensure timely & appropriate follow up concerning major donors, corporations, foundations, and key stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain a central filing system for council records such as contracts & other documents signed by the CEO & Board Chair.
- Manage the office of the CEO in a manner that ensures that no major oversights occur due to your negligence.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the CEO and officers.
- Maintains confidentiality and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Provide quality customer service that resolves concerns by offering creative solution in a timely manner.
- Adhere to the policies of Girl Scouts of Central Texas and promote girl scouting in a positive manner to the public as well as to all internal and external customers.
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, bending and twisting upper body.
- Capable of lifting up to 30lbs.
- Capable of viewing computer monitor for long periods.
- Continuous indoor activity and exposure to florescent light.
- Frequent exposure to computer, video, and other copier emissions.
- Some outdoor activities and exposure to weather.
OTHER WORKING CONDITIONS
- Continuous requirement for professional demeanor and appropriate office attire.
- A criminal background check is required.
- Continuous work as a team member and ability to work independently with some supervision.
- Frequent work under stress and under pressure of deadlines with overlapping projects.
- Continuous ability to work well with others.
The information contained in this job description is intended to outline the general nature and scope of work being performed by an employee assigned to this position. It is not intended to be construed as a contract, or as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and capabilities required of a person employed in this capacity. Job descriptions are subject to change at the discretion of the Girl Scouts of Central Texas.
Girl Scouts of Central Texas is an EOE Employer
Our mission as Girl Scouts of Central Texas is to build girls of courage, confidence and character who make the world a better place. As the...