Tutor Doctor is hiring experienced Math and Science Tutors, grade levels 6-12+, living in Lake Oswego, West Linn or Tualatin. Our part-time after-school tutors earn an average of $1300 per student assignment over the course of a school year. Earn 2x and 3x with multiple students if you choose.
Our Values: Wish to make a meaningful contribution to the community while earning additional income? We seek individuals passionate about student development who can demonstrate the educator and leadership skills to make it happen. Great interpersonal skills, independent initiative and creativity are essential. Our culture values a sense of humor, personal responsibility, optimism and work/life balance.
Why Tutor for Tutor Doctor? We find your assignments, consult with each family and student and carefully create a “magical match” of student and tutor. We provide detailed information about the student and family before each assignment. We manage all marketing, payments, and systems and provide related support resources so that your focus can be on the student. We offer competitive hourly rates and schedule flexibility: you choose the work volume and hours that you wish. Our tutors are independent contractors typically engaged with students 3-10 hours per week.
Growth Opportunity: Tutor Doctor is an expanding international supplemental education firm offering in-home, one-on-one tutoring to students of all ages, all subjects. Tutor compensation is $18.00 - $25.00 per hour based on qualifications and specialties. Tutors also earn client referral income. In addition to tutoring opportunities our growth has created career opportunity in management, business development and administration.
1. Experience as tutor / teacher for middle and high school level Math and/or Sciences. We prefer current or future professional educators and significant 1-to-1 tutoring experience. Experience with a range of learning styles, learning environments and special education is a bonus.
2. Availability - Geographic: Our tutors provide in-student-home service for client families in close proximity to their own home; Provide your address or zip code and identify school districts / communities you can serve within a 15-minute commute. Residents of SE or NE Portland are not eligible for these openings.
3. Availability - Schedule: Our tutors must be able to reliably travel to student homes on weekdays for 60-90-min sessions between 5pm and 8pm, and occasionally weekends as well. Assignments are long-term, so ability to serve a family for 12+ months is strongly preferred. We do not hire summer-only tutors.
HOW TO APPLY: Please reply to hiring manager Mark with the following information and documentation. Incomplete applications cannot be considered.
- Cover Letter (in message of your reply OK) specifically identifying your fitness level to the three qualifications listed above
- Resume, including work chronology
- Contact information for at least two professional references or tutoring clients