The Facilities Manager will be responsible for the general repair and maintenance, remodels, design upgrades, and company initiatives around improving Smashburger company operated assets to ensure that restaurants are maintained in accordance with Smashburger standards. In addition, the Facilities Manager will manage facility contractors and vendors; and provide facilities support to restaurant operators as needed.
Repair & Maintenance:
- Manage vendors for facilities repair & maintenance.
- Coordinate and schedule equipment technicians.
- Monitor and reviews the quality of vendors.
- Conduct routine inspections of all mechanical equipment, cooking equipment, water systems, etc.
- Manage and conduct vendor training and annual performance feedback for contracted services and general repairs.
- Review store leases to determine who the responsible party is for repairs or maintenance.
- Act as liaison between the store operators and landlords to ensure we are in compliance with lease requirements.
- Respond to all emergency situations and coordinate all work required.
- Monitor equipment performance and evaluates service warranty issues for capital equipment.
- Manage equipment inventories and asset tracking.
- Troubleshoot facility tech issues for store operators.
- Handle disputes between store management and service vendors to expedite unresolved repairs, preventative maintenance, invoicing etc.
- Prepare RFP’s and negotiate with regional vendors for preventive maintenance contracts.
- Establish service level programs & guides for stores to track and maintain.
- Evaluate and Establish National and Regional Maintenance Programs.
- Manage capital projects, equipment replacements, retrofits, refreshes and other initiatives; review bids and execute capital projects to completion.
- Provide reports to senior management on all capital projects.
- Manage repair & maintenance and capital budgets.
- Assist in forecasting, project scopes and execution of budgets.
- Track and analyze budgets and makes recommendations for projects as needed.
- Manage new store service warranty contracts and conducts 1-year warranty punch list.
- Interview and put in place new vendors for new stores, including setting up preventative maintenance programs and executing contracts.
- Process, approve and log all vendor invoices.
- Develop and maintain department processes and practices
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with Smashburger operators by providing updates on repair & maintenance projects, vendor performance and training when needed.
- Support the implementation of company programs
- Provide project management for projects and upgrades as needed.
- Bachelor's degree, in a related discipline preferred.
- 5 plus years facilities manager experience, preferably in the restaurant industry with strong knowledge of mechanical, electrical and plumbing.
- Strong knowledge of general construction, work methods, equipment and materials, operating practices and applicable codes.
- Construction or related mechanical trade, with experience managing service and maintenance vendors.
- Knowledge in state and city codes, regulations, insurance issues, and permitting issues required.
- Project management, R & M, and Capital budgeting experience
- Managing computerized maintenance database, advanced problem solving, scheduling and negotiation skills.
- Intermediate in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MS Outlook.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Must be able to lift up to forty (40) lbs and climb ladders.
- Ability to travel 50% or more.