Kyocera Industrial Products has an immediate opening for a talented Field Applications Engineer in our Atlanta office:
The Field applications Engineer will support all engineering functions and advisement to the sales engineering staff on products, repairs, and demonstration equipment. This role is highly technical and will require the engineer to stay constantly current in new technology and interfaces.
(Tasks listed are intended to be descriptive and not restrictive. An employee in this position may perform any of the tasks listed; however, these examples do not include all the tasks which an employee may be expected to perform.)
Specific Job Responsibilities
- Assist Sales Engineers and management in identifying customer’s specific performance requirements and recommend appropriate Kyocera product to meet those requirements.
- Answer customer questions about electrical and/or mechanical interfacing of Kyocera products, make recommendations to customer on how best to install Kyocera products.
- Support field sales by providing demo equipment/accessories/instructions to enable satisfactory product demonstrations for customers.
- Establish and maintain relationships with support product manufacturer’s to promote synergistic selling
- Keep sales technical literature current; provide technical training on Kyocera products to sales staff, sales representatives, distributors, and customers
- Monitor developing technical trends in the market and make recommendations to sales and the factory for new or revised products.
- Work closely with Outside Sales Staff, Sales Reps, and Distributors.
- Thoroughly answer emails daily and address questions internally and externally.
- Prepare and set up tradeshow demo equipment.
- May travel to tradeshows and customer sites;
- All other duties as assigned;
Required Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (BSEE preferred, but others considered)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, and Windows Operating System
- Ability to research using internet tools
- Ability to express themselves in English both orally and in writing
- Ability to work well with other people, both internally and externally
- Ability to work well with people of other cultures
- Ability to travel up to 40% of the time
Kyocera Industrial Ceramics Corp. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Kyocera Corporation. Our company is a leading manufacturer of high tech ceramic which is used in a variety of industries including aerospace, automotive, industrial applications, and semiconductor processing. We have an excellent benefit package which includes Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, pension and 401K with company match.
For more information, visit us at www.kyocera.com.
* We are not interested in consulting services and this position will be filled with a full time, regular employee. Please do not respond to this posting with recruitment services or consultancy offers.
Kyocera values diversity in its workforce and encourages minorities, women, and veterans to apply.
KICC IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER