ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Builds an ongoing relationship at the Contractor, Dealer, Distributor and Builder level.
- Knowledgeable of all Atlas Products, Programs, and Sales & Marketing Tools.
- Awareness of market pricing, product innovations, competitive product lines and market trends that may affect your market.
- Helps establish and maintain competitive Market pricing through timely and accurate gathering and communication of competitive Market information.
- Communicates accurate information daily with Regional Sales Manager, Plant Manager, Account Executives, and other Field Sales Representatives on developments impacting their areas of responsibility.
- Communicates with customers in a timely manner.
- Inspects and assists in resolving complaints that develop periodically in a timely and professional manner that will maintain business on a steady growth pattern. Provides adequate follow-up.
- Works with contractors and dealers for pull-though sales of Atlas products to our distributors and ensures Atlas has adequate distribution in the assigned market area.
- Provides the necessary literature, samples, technical data, and other advertising materials needed in the field.
- Communicates any known or suspected credit issues with a distributor to the Credit Department. Submits all required credit documents to the Credit Department when developing new accounts.
- Promotes and displays the entire family of Atlas products by attending distributor, dealer, and builder shows.
- Promotes new products and keeps customers informed of promotions, special offers, and incentive opportunities.
- Participates in joint sales calls with distributor and dealer sales people.
- Designs business plans that meet both Atlas and distributor’s expectations. Evaluates customer performance on a quarterly and yearly basis and reports the results to the Regional Marketing Manager.
- Follows up on quotes and makes sure the proper documentation has been sent to the appropriate Account Executives and the Pricing Administrator.
- Travels in assigned territory in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Keeps aware of budgeted goals throughout the year. Knows where you are and strides to exceed goals.
- Submits accurate expense reports. Maintains a reasonable ratio of sales expenses to volume of sales as assigned in yearly budget.
- Projects a professional image by maintaining proper dress code, vehicle appearance, and correct use of language.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Four-year degree is preferred. A minimum of two years experience in the building material industry or at least four years in a field sales capacity is preferred.
Indeed - 14 months ago