FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT POSITION DESCRIPTION
Headquartered in Southern Maryland, Rollout Systems serves its customers through its experience and skilled and dedicated employees. Rollout Systems is a full-service, Information Technology company specializing in enhanced organizational performance. Customer focused and results oriented, we bring together the right combination of talent, creativity, and drive to assist our clients in meeting their goals. We provide personal attention rarely found today, enabling a one-of-a-kind client-contractor experience and our corporate culture is built upon the principles of open communications and teamwork; consistent quality services; proactive, out-of-the-box thinking; and the highest ethical values.
Rollout provides the vision and innovation to produce quality, cost-effective products and solutions.
A sampling of the services we offer includes 1) Program Management, 2) Information Assurance and Cyber Security, 3) Instructional System Design, 4) Enterprise Architecture, 5) Software Engineering, 6) Deployment and Operational Support, 7) Network and System Administration 8) Database Application Development, 9) Database Management, 10) Logistics and more…
We work closely with our clients in government agencies to help them achieve their business goals. We are a respected name in our community and have built our management team with an entrepreneurial spirit in mind – each is empowered to succeed.
We are currently seeking a fulltime Financial Management professional to join our corporate office team in California, MD, near the Patuxent River Naval Air Station, MD.
This pivotal position is hands-on and responsible for the month-end close process and analysis of data for multiple contracts. This position produces monthly and annual financial statements including profit and loss, balance sheet, cash flow analysis, trend analysis, budgets and forecasts that are required to provide explanations for variances and identify trends. Responsibilities also include general ledger and balance sheet, accounts payable and receivables and accurate inventory reporting
The ideal candidate will be driven to collaborate with a dynamic management team to do the right thing while taking giant strides to grow the company. An entrepreneurial background is a plus when assessing, understanding, and executing proposals, special projects and forecasting processes to improve accuracy, financial accountability and growth in strategic development.
- In conjunction with HR Manager, accurately manage all aspects of payroll and timekeeping administration for all employees, consultants and contractors. We currently use ADP and QuickBooks but anticipate a transition to the PROCAS Time and Expense System.
- Prepare asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Document financial transactions by entering account information.
- Recommend financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Summarize current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Substantiate financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintain accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- In-depth knowledge – FAR, GAAP
- Guide the accounting function by coordinating activities and answering questions.
- Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Secure financial information by completing data base backups.
- Prepare payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
- Answer accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Comply with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Prepare special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintain customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Experience generating Incurred Cost Electronically (ICE) models.
Additional Proposal Team Responsibilities:
- Work with Proposal/Capture Managers to build cost models in response to proposals.
- Compile cost, schedule, and technical elements in the development of proposals in accordance with request for proposal (RFP) specifications.
- Coordinate the collection and accumulation of cost, scheduling, and performance elements from functional departments.
- Research and analyzes historical data, develops cost models to support proposal efforts.
- Participate in should-cost and pricing reviews with management and customer representatives.
- Participate as a member of the contract negotiating team.
- Be a financial business partner and interface for business proposals and budgets with technical, contractual, financial and administrative units
- Collaborate to prepare competitive budget concepts and business proposals in coordination with other members of the proposal team while remaining compliant with the Request for
- Review Request for Proposals/Applications (RFP/RFAs) to determine proposal requirements and identify issues which may require client clarification, and solicit input on appropriate budget approach needed to meet costing requirements and needs.
- Prepare accurate and competitive price or cost estimate and additional analysis and obtain necessary review by Key Management personnel.
- Coordinate receipt of subcontractor business proposal items and oversee subcontract.
- 5 -7 years’ experience providing full life cycle accounting services to small to mid-sized government contractors.
- Mandatory experience with QuickBooks (current). Transitioning to PROCAS (preferred) or Deltek GCS Premier Software, therefore, working knowledge of either of these systems highly preferred also.
- Advanced knowledge of the FAR and GAAP.
- Expert level DCAA reporting and audit experience.
Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting preferred.
- Advanced knowledge and demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel.
- This is an exempt professional position. Must have the ability to work over 40 hours per week during peak times, especially when supporting government proposal submissions.
Rollout Systems, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer very competitive compensation and excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, 401(k), Life/AD&D/STD/LTD Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, and paid vacation/sick, personal leave.
If interested, please send cover letter as writing sample, salary history, cell/text phone and resume immediately to: LMackie@rolloutsys . com. Salary based on experience. Incomplete submissions without salary history will not be considered.