Edward Jones is one of the nation’s fastest-growing financial services firms. We currently serve nearly 7 million clients through our network of more than 11,000 branch offices. We are seeking highly motivated, results-oriented individuals as we continue to grow and meet the needs of the long-term individual investor.
Our commitment to providing a workplace that both challenges us and rewards our associates has contributed to our inclusion in FORTUNE magazine’s list of the “100 Best Companies to Work For 2013” in America. The firm ranked No. 8 overall in its 14th appearance on the prestigious list. Edward Jones was the highest ranking financial-services firm.
Department: Financial Advisor Talent Acquisition
Location: San Francisco, CA (Home Based Associate)
Are you passionate about recruiting top talent within the financial services industry? Would you be eager to work for a firm known for their associate career development? If so, and you have at least 3 to 5+ years of recruiting or sales experience, the Financial Advisor Recruiter with Edward Jones could be your career destination!
Every day, in our Financial Advisor (FA) Recruiters’ activity, they identify top talent to help drive our mission of helping individuals achieve their serious, long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and implementing tailored solutions. This personalized service is largely responsible for our remarkable growth as we currently have over 10,000 branch offices in the United States and Canada and continue to grow!
The Financial Advisor Recruiter is responsible for:
- Proactively source candidates for the FA role, reviewing candidate qualifications and developing and maintaining area sourcing strategies and business plans to attain firm goals
- Contact and meet with local community organizations and businesses, assist with the development and implementation of marketing materials, and coordinate activities with other recruiters in your area
- Actively share sourcing and recruiting strategies with FAs and Branch Office Administrators throughout the regions
- Manage and prioritize a candidate pipeline by following up with all candidate inquiries and closing appropriate files
- Work collaboratively with various recruiting teams, internal areas and FAs throughout the region
- Coordinate activities and maintain constant open communication with the other recruiters in your area
- Back up Hiring Manager and other Recruiters in sourcing and selection as necessary
- 3-5+ years in recruiting and/or interview experience in financial services; familiarity with competency based interview techniques
- Ability to create credibility internally with colleagues and externally with potential candidates
- Strong problem solving skills to resolve hiring challenges immediately as they arise recognizing obstacles and seeking alternatives
- Capable to quickly learn systems, processes, and procedures; including past use of a server-based applicant tracking systems
- Strong presentation and written communication skills
- Aptitude to gather information by telephone, including cold calling, for information and to identify potential prospects
- Self-starting, sales oriented team player that thrives under pressure
- Capable of understanding and adhering to state, federal and firm policies and laws.
- Strong attention to detail while knowing all aspects of the candidate and the process to ensure quality decisions are being made
- Availability to travel to areas of responsibility up to 33% and/or live in market
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- Series 7 license and AIRS (Alliance of Information and Referral Systems) certification
- Sales experience