Harris Group Services, Inc. (HGS) is seeking to fill the position of Financial Analyst for one of our clients headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. Our client has a great cultural reputation and offers excellent benefits as well as a great opportunity for growth. The position reports to the Corporate Director of Operations – Underwriting and requires strong analytical skills and the ability to manage concurrent assignments and meet deadlines.
*Qualified professionals, please email a copy of your resume to the Attention:
Denise Miller, CPA*
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build pricing models based on various assumptions from client, RFP information, internal data or a combination of all Analysis of operational and financial data for development of variance explanations.
- Prepare pro forma profit and loss statements based assumptions obtained from analysis.
- Read and interpret request for proposal information to determine required services needed and pricing needs.
- Monitor financial performance of existing HMO contracts and determine when re-pricing is warranted.
- Working with cost accountants to provide support for analysis.
- Summarize and communicate to management the underlying assumptions and data points used in developing pricing models.
- Working with other members of the Finance & Accounting team on special projects, and ad-hoc analysis as required.
- Assemble spreadsheets and draw charts and graphs used to illustrate technical reports.
- Other responsibilities as may be required for successful performance of position.
REQUIREMENTS: Education: Bachelor degree in Business or Finance or related field required.
- Experience using Microsoft Excel required with specific responsibility for creating advanced pivot tables, VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP, and index formula.
- Data mining experience with large data files required.
- Four years of work experience as a financial analyst or related field preferred.
- A strong proficiency in Microsoft Access is preferred. Previous healthcare or transportation logistics experience is considered a plus.
- Demonstrated software skills to include advanced proficiency of Microsoft Excel and Access including but not limited to building databases and queries.
- Demonstrated strong communication and interpersonal skills. Must be highly motivated and self-directed.
- Possess superior time management skills. Ability to develop and deliver presentations to all levels of management.
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Decision Making - Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Interpersonal - Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Judgment - The ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
- Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
Environmental and Working Conditions: Entire work time is conducted in an office setting.
Physical and Mental Requirements: Heavy analytical and problem solving capabilities. Strong work ethic. Ability to follow complex instructions.