The Financial Analyst will assist the Director of Financial Planning and Analysis in analyzing the financial performance of The New York Racing Association as well as analyze and project the impact of business strategies, as well as evolving economic and competitive conditions. The Financial Analyst will work with and assist the FP&A Director and finance team during preparation of the annual operating and capital budget.
- Analyze revenue and expense accounts with significant variances and adjust forecast as necessary.
- Assist FP&A Director in preparation of monthly financial reporting package.
- Analyze financial impact of business strategies and evolving economic conditions.
- Analyze impact of proposed and/or implemented legislative adjustments to statutory distribution framework.
- Analyze purse earnings and purse payouts to assure compliance of statutory liability threshold
- Statistical and analytical reporting utilizing various systems such as Great Plains, CHRIMS and InCompass. Analyze and interpret data and trends.
- Other ad hoc projects as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferable with accounting or finance major. General understanding of accounting principles needed.
- Excellent computer skills, including excel spreadsheet and database applications.
- Detail oriented with good organizational skills, sound judgment and the confidence to take initiative.
- Strong analytical skills, with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
How to Apply:
Vist this link to apply https://careers-nyrainc.icims.com/jobs/1032/financial-analyst/job